Lake Superior Performance Rally

man_scout

I thought about attending this too, maybe catch a glimpse of Travis Pastrana. Just not sure how to find the best spectating area.

radsrh

Go to the link above and click on spectators, there is a lot of information listed as well as maps on where you can be

rsvectordude

What's the law on no liquor in the forests that they are stating in their spectator section?? I have never heard of such a thing..

simonsr1

a friend of mine placed 1st in the 2-wheel drive class, I never knew they had this race up there, hopefully next year I can make it

chad66

Yea it's true. They cut 3 events and the Lake Superior Rally was one of them. I think they will still be having a race but it will not be part of Rally America.

Chad@M&M

technologic

I been going to this for 10+ years. They cut it out of the Rally America performance series yes but vowed to continue the rally as a regional event. I haven't heard of what exactly that will be replacing it tho. It could get better with better viewage from a spectator stand point (spectate any where Vs. spectator spots)... or not... it could get better with making it easier to participate (more grass roots cars Vs. high end national 'hand off unattainable' cars)... or not... I might go again this year to keep my streak going... or not... much is still open on this subject. I do keep tabs on things here tho:

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

It kinda funny that this rally was rating one of the top rally's of the year on the circuit but the pulled the plug. We'll see what happens next. I hope its for the better. The rally was the excuse of going. It was the country side that got me to come up with the rally being the 'icing on the cake' kinda-a-thing.

Last edited: