Lakenenland Sculpture Park

ext580

Quick question:
We will be up with a few kids riding in a few weeks.
How far and is it do able to ride from twin lakes(Krups) to lakenenland sculpture park in one day and back.
We will be on two ups with kids.
Any help on this would be great.
Thanks

wrongway

You're looking at a 200+ mile round trip. Could be a little far for a ride with kids on 2-ups unless everyone is used to long days on the trail. After you get off trail 109 out of Twin Lakes down by Sidnaw, the trails get straighter & you can go a little faster. I would not recommend the long way through Big Bay for this trip as it would add a bunch of time to the ride.

ext580

Thanks for the info.
One guy and his kid are newer to the sport. So I thought it was going to be to far of a one day trip for them. And you have confirmed that it will be.
Thanks again.

tundrahog

Hey EXT580,

My group stayed in Munising last winter and we did hit the Lakenenland sculpture park--Very cool to check out. Just what the sledding community would expect. When you arrive there is a little shack area with free tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.....The kids will really enjoy the place for sure!

TH

Pizza Man

We go through the park every time we go to Munising (winter and summer).
That would be a long trip for your group.
You might want to trailer closer and then ride over there and see it. Sure would save you some time and easier on the group.

ext580

I have been there a few times we always stop when we are in the area as well.
My brothers kids have never seen it nor has the other dad and his kid. So we thought if it was manageable to do on the sled we were thinking of heading there one day.