land O Lakes

lakeguy10

yep in wisc trail 6 turn north on trail 3 and goes through watersmeet- did it 3 weeks ago pretty simple-its close to land o lakes muni airport!

whitedust

Yeppers right thru middle of town joins up with MI 3. Sure would not want to live near that part of 3 ....Gateway to UP on a Friday afternoon I'm going south sled after sled going north just crazy thru there. Phelps needs to funnel some of that traffic thru their system work it out with MI very doable trail path exists now but not groomed or legal but could be. Also would be a nice loop.

snobuilder

Yeppers right thru middle of town joins up with MI 3. Sure would not want to live near that part of 3 ....Gateway to UP on a Friday afternoon I'm going south sled after sled going north just crazy thru there. Phelps needs to funnel some of that traffic thru their system work it out with MI very doable trail path exists now but not groomed or legal but could be. Also would be a nice loop.

What bridge over the Brule would that route use?
In a joint WI/MI effort a new rec. trail bridge was put in last year in Forest Co. connecting WI Corr. 7 (NST) and Tr. 2 in MI.

whitedust

What bridge over the Brule would that route use?
In a joint WI/MI effort a new rec. trail bridge was put in last year in Forest Co. connecting WI Corr. 7 (NST) and Tr. 2 in MI.

No bridge over Brule is necessary the way we go is many miles before Forest County still in Vilas but most of proposed connection would be in MI. Talked to Skip @ Mitrale ,back when, got no where also talked to Phelps town board & they had some interest at the time but was like pushing a rope up a hill between Phelps & MI. Did as much as I could as independent snowmobiler & very doable if MI & WI would get together but most of grooming would be in Iron County MI. Phelps was like there is a existing route that connects us with UP & I was heck yes I ride it all the time. Phelps has many irons in the fire currently to bring back down town area & will have 6W/E trailhead parking which is a good thing. I'll bring up MI trail connection at a later date again but just too much other stuff going on now.