Lightning trailer inline ?

apex_shane

Looking at a 7x18...(23, has a five foot nose) can I get three long tracks in it / out for shorties loading them from the v....

Found one for 6k brand new, 2012

snobinge

I just got an 18 ft. inline. Although I have yet to put the sleds in it...I intend on getting 1-153 and 2-144's in with no problem. You load from the front and stagger. Only sled length that really matters is the last one where the tail goes into the V.

doomsman

I just got an 18 ft. inline. Although I have yet to put the sleds in it...I intend on getting 1-153 and 2-144's in with no problem. You load from the front and stagger. Only sled length that really matters is the last one where the tail goes into the V.

What kind of tongue weight do you get?

mvedepo

You wont have an issue with that loading 144, 153, 144.

mvedepo

Shane take tape and mask out the trailer INTERIOR silhouette on your driveway and position the sleds and see if they fit.

mvedepo

You definitely dont want that. The all need to face the same direction. That way the widest part of each sled is next to the tunnel of the overlapping sled.

Go Fast or Go Home

I have the same trailer you have. I can get two 137 trackers in and two 120 tracks in with room to spare for gear and without taking skis off or scratching sleds.. Tape out your trailer dimensions in your driveway and practice.

renegade2011

i have a 05 legend 7x23 that we found at an auction. I am hoping that we can get my 1200 renegade,yamaha vector,and my buddies short track in without take skis off one sled? You guys think it is possible?

fgsacts

I have two friends that have 18' + 5' V inline trailers and both can get three mountains sleds in with no issues. Drive in from the front and stagger. One is a Triton and the other is a Loadmaster.

longtrack

I don't know why anyone would buy a 7' wide trailer when you can buy a full width 102. I haul 5 in mine and the 6th in the Truck. Thats how many people fit in the Truck also.

mvedepo

I don't know why anyone would buy a 7' wide trailer when you can buy a full width 102. I haul 5 in mine and the 6th in the Truck. Thats how many people fit in the Truck also.

They pull better, get better gas mileage, better visibility, etc etc

That being said. I am kicking around the thought of making a sled hauler out of a gooseneck.

Last edited:

blob

18 foot box with 5 foot V will fit three longs tracks. As some one else said, load from the front and stagger, length of the first two do not matter. I have the legend version of this trailer and routinely put two 153's and a 162 in it. What matters more than length, is width. Mine are all Cats with 39 inch ski stance. Some of the long tracks with wider ski stance will effectively take more room, as you can't pull the second and third sleds in as far. You should be fine.

blob