lights flash on and off ?

tritonmark

I plugged in my sled into a battery tender and when I went back out to check on it the panel lights were clicking and flashing on and off ? It is a 2006 skidoo rev, could it be a bad connection or battery ? Guessing something simple. Sled starts but does this when plugged into charger . Thanks

Could be a bad connection to the battery. Are they clean and tight? If the sled will not start without the charger hooked to it I would load test the battery. Also make sure you are not missing any wires that should be going to the battery. Depending on what kind of charger you have, I would recommend charging the battery without the battery cables hooked up. Eliminates the possibility of doing any damage to electrical components on the sled.

anonomoose

Something isn't right...have you had the battery out? Is it grounded properly and do you have ALL the wires connected to the battery that there should be. Sounds like voltage is reversed...but you said it runs fine. Make sure the battery polarity is correct.

tritonmark

After a few pulls the sled started after sitting all summer on the trailer. Never pulled the battery out. Plugged it into the battery tender and it makes a clicking noise and lights flash on and off on panel. Was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen.

snoluver1

Its possible you have a bad charger. If you have access to a dvom, I would check the output voltage of the charger with it hooked up to the battery. Also check for ac voltage bleeding through. A bad rectifier in the charger can cause this. If you measure anything over 1 vac, it can cause dc electronics to do crazy things!

whitedust

Its possible you have a bad charger. If you have access to a dvom, I would check the output voltage of the charger with it hooked up to the battery. Also check for ac voltage bleeding through. A bad rectifier in the charger can cause this. If you measure anything over 1 vac, it can cause dc electronics to do crazy things!

This sounds very logical & cause of non problem problem.