lights on panel flash on and off ?

tritonmark

Plugged in my sled into a battery tender and went back out to check on it and the lights on the panel flash on and off. Checked the key and kill switch both seam to be off, it stopped when I unplugged the charger?? Is it a bad battery or something else ? It is a 2006 skidoo rev. Thanks for any info.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry thought i posted this on the tech forum

MZEMS2

Remember that a battery tender isn't really meant to bring a drained battery back to life, it's meant to maintain a good battery. So, try an actual 6 or 10 amp charger for a half hr or so then see what it does. Once the sled is in good running condition, and the battery seems good, then hook up that tender when the sled is gonna sit for a while. If a charger doesn't do the trick, it might be time for a battery.

russholio

Is it the original battery? If so, it's likely time to replace it. Even if you've maintained it, almost 8 years is old for a powersports battery.

Remember, volts don't tell the whole story. It may show the proper voltage but not have any oomph behind it. If you have a meter you can check the drain on the battery as you start it. I've done this but it's been a while so I don't remember the exact procedure.

There's always a chance that there's a parasitic drain on the battery somewhere that is causing it to lost its charge. You will want to rule that out before replacing the battery (if that's what you choose to do) so that the same thing doesn't happen to the new battery.

Good luck, electrical issues can be a PITA.