Local Radar

Dave_B

John
As you know, most of us are addicted to your forecasts and graphics. I know you don't have one at the house but, how bout a link to a local radar? I know I would like to have that as an option instead of depending on other sites to get the info. Just a thought. Dave

frnash

Former Calumet Air Force Station, Mt Greeley?

Ahh don't we wish there was anything like a local weather radar site! Too bad there is no such thing.

It has been obvious for several decades that the perfect site for a local Keweenaw weather radar would be the former Calumet Air Force Station atop Mt. Horace Greeley. (The Calumet AFS was finally closed and decommissioned in 1988.)

But no such luck.
<hr width="75%" size="2">The best you can do would be for long-range radar: Cadillac, MI, or St. Cloud, MN;

… for regional (1km) Radar: Marquette, MI, Pellston, MI or Oscoda, MI, Phillips, WI or Grand Marais, MN.

… for Metro Radar: Negaunee, MI, Green Bay, WI.

… all of which are too far to show low-level LES along the spine of the Keweenaw!

Last edited:

Dave_B

I just thought he might have an inside track on a reliable source. I hate searching all the other websites for an "accurate" radar for snowfall and was hoping he would be able/willing to post a link on the site. Dave

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Yep.

No "local" radar. Closest is Marquette and is useless for LES in the western UP.

-John