Looking back in Baraga County-Part 2

mountainmaxman

107090.jpg

Believe it or not, this pic was taken on Dec. 20...not a lot of snow, but enough for a few hardcore sledheads to try the rock face. The first 4-5 times was great. But then one of the guys took off and landed. The 2 feet of snow or so quickly spread out too far for a cushy landing and he totaled his rails. Not the guy in the pic, another rider who was too PO'ed to let me post his last jump until he forked out some cash for a new undercarriage!

107091.jpg

I nicknamed this are onthe polelines between Alberta and Nestoria (PITA Pass). The PITA stands for pain in the, you can figure out the rest. EVERYBODY got stuck in some unbelievably deep snow in the valley where the two hills met. It was 30-45 minutes of crawling from sled to sled on our knees to reach each other and get everyone back on the high side.

107092.jpg

A little air time on al old logging road near Alberta.

107093.jpg

Same spot, different sled and rider.

107094.jpg

Serious carving and some 360's near Herman.

107095.jpg

"Spread Eagle" on the powerlines north of Alberta.

107096.jpg

Air time on the power lines!

107097.jpg

Same spot, different sled and rider.

107098.jpg

Same spot, same sled...different rider. On the last three, you hit one hill, launched and had to cclear the low spot to hit the second hill and make a safe landing. If not, time to put the skis into the hillside!

mountainmaxman

Yup--

The guy doing he spread eagle was riding an old Ski-Doo 700 (Summit) I believe and landed it perfectly. He was he first one to try it and impressed the heck out all the guys with longer tracks--and the one Kitty Kat hi-test model. So everyone had to have a go at it. Well, almost everyone. Us old farts that tagged along just watched and wished that we were 25 years younger.

But with age...comes wisdom! And less aching bones the morning after!

yamahachick

That Yammie got some sweet air time!! Awesome pics!

I agree with ya Mountainmaxman it's great to watch others do the tricks, no pain makes for another great day of riding.

A

arcticgeorge

that shot of the green and black Cat jumping at you on the logging road is awesome! It is now my desktop pic.

mountainmaxman

Glad U liked the shot arcticgeorge. There's two there so I'm ot sure which one you are talking about.

I sent U an email if ya want a much bigger size of the pic. Check your email and let me know. I take 100's of pix every season as I work at a newspaper.

xc500chic

great pictures! alot of them would make really cool desktop backgrounds!
happy.gif
you should enter some of these shots into some contests!