Looking for an average snow depth map

lesledhead

I'm trying to find a map of the midwest, which shades different areas according to the average snow they receive each year. Looked all over NOAA and such, but can't find anything.

Just curious. I'm sure it would shade all of the of the counties bordering Superior in a different color than the rest of the state. But it would be nice to see where the snow really likes to fall in the lower. Cadillac and Southwestern Michigan get some decent lake effect events too.

uncle_ed

Here is one that was posted up earlier and seems to fit the bill as good as anything out there

http://gis.ncdc.noaa.gov/maps/snowfall.map

You can find annual snow depth for any given station in the country. It takes a bit but just hit the monthly tab and you will see the period box which has many options including annual and seasonal. Redraw the map and the stations will be shaded with a color from the key to the right of the map with the annual amount for the given year you selected. If you move your cursor over the station it will give you detailed info and exact depth for that station. (you may have to prime your pointer by clicking on the i at the top of the page first)

Not exactly what your looking for but close....