Looking for people to ride with in the U.P.

smitty440

I'm planning on heading up to the u.p. early am on friday morning and leaving on Sunday. None of my friends can go and I just bought a sled 3 weeks ago and want to get out and ride. I have only ridden trails never really tried off-trail, but would like to try.
Thanks, Smitty

skypyrt

Western U.P.

I have a 3 bedroom home in White Pine Mi. The locals dont ride much, and I'm lookin for a few people to head north and ride with. I know a lot of Boondockin spots as well!!!! I'm not lookiing to rent the place. Just a few good riders to play with.

whitedust

Smitty go alone don't not go because buddies back out. I got tired of that crap 15 years ago & just hooked up my trailer & went where ever the snow was the best. As long as you stay on trail In UP you will be find. Heck stay with mrsrunningbear & she will worry more about you than your Mom. lol:)

lh7018

Ditto what Whitedust said.
Been there done that waiting for other people, going with the wrong people just because it was convenient timing, or working around someone else's schedule. Never again. The season is short enough as it is.
For the same reasons Whitedust mentioned I myself am going alone early a.m. on Monday (after you're on the way back) and will stay a couple days and have a great time. I did this last year also. Had a fantastic time, met some great people on the trails, and at stops along the way. This time I have a new sled to break in and I'm sure I'll have an equally good time or better. I've been looking forward to it all year as this will be the first ride of the season for me.
I'd offer to meet you up there to go riding if I could but I have no choice in the days I'm going since the only schedule I am forced to work around is the work schedule of my employer.

smitty440

I've got a cabin booked at the running bear. Thanks for the advice. Skypyrt if you are going to be up there this weekend maybe we can meet up.
Smitty

batman

skyprt

I have a 3 bedroom home in White Pine Mi. The locals dont ride much, and I'm lookin for a few people to head north and ride with. I know a lot of Boondockin spots as well!!!! I'm not lookiing to rent the place. Just a few good riders to play with.

Depending on a fair amount of lead time, i would like to join you from time to time ! I live just noth of janesville in ft. atkinson ! When my group goes to the U.P. we stay in rockland or mass and know the area well ! Have been riding that neck of the woods for about 10 yr's ! We already have a ride planned for the last week in jan. ! P.S. I'm a trail rider !!! Let me know ! Thank's, Bob ! p.m. me with your no. and i'll call you !!!

Last edited:

snootbiscuit

hey skypyrt,going to ontonogan fri nt. my girl is from there and we're going up 4 the xmas thing. but she told me to ride on sat, so we're bringin sleds! may ride sunday also ? I'm a very expierienced rider w 08 700 polaris, if ur interested,let me know! you can reach me at reeds marine, in delavan, randy 262-728-6399 8-5:00 thanks

skypyrt

Depending on a fair amount of lead time, i would like to join you from time to time ! I live just noth of janesville in ft. atkinson ! When my group goes to the U.P. we stay in rockland or mass and know the area well ! Have been riding that neck of the woods for about 10 yr's ! We already have a ride planned for the last week in jan. ! P.S. I'm a trail rider !!! Let me know ! Thank's, Bob ! p.m. me with your no. and i'll call you !!!

I'll be up there most of the winter. I'm leaving tomorrow the 17th. at around noon. As far as lead time goes, you let me know. I'm very flexible, and ready to play..608-289-2839 Tim

skypyrt

hey skypyrt,going to ontonogan fri nt. my girl is from there and we're going up 4 the xmas thing. but she told me to ride on sat, so we're bringin sleds! may ride sunday also ? I'm a very expierienced rider w 08 700 polaris, if ur interested,let me know! you can reach me at reeds marine, in delavan, randy 262-728-6399 8-5:00 thanks

I'm leavin tomorrow @ noon. I'm running my 600 RMK. 608-289-2839. It would be great to run with ya Tim

peterdb

Ditto what Whitedust said.
Been there done that waiting for other people, going with the wrong people just because it was convenient timing, or working around someone else's schedule. Never again. The season is short enough as it is.
For the same reasons Whitedust mentioned I myself am going alone early a.m. on Monday (after you're on the way back) and will stay a couple days and have a great time. I did this last year also. Had a fantastic time, met some great people on the trails, and at stops along the way. This time I have a new sled to break in and I'm sure I'll have an equally good time or better. I've been looking forward to it all year as this will be the first ride of the season for me.
I'd offer to meet you up there to go riding if I could but I have no choice in the days I'm going since the only schedule I am forced to work around is the work schedule of my employer.

what area will you be riding? i am heading to hurley (alone)- i have a place there. leaving saturday and will stay until tuesday. i'm generally an 'early to mid week' rider myself.
i like to trail ride fast, and i also like to play off trail.

lh7018

what area will you be riding? i am heading to hurley (alone)- i have a place there. leaving saturday and will stay until tuesday. i'm generally an 'early to mid week' rider myself.
i like to trail ride fast, and i also like to play off trail.
I'll be staying in Houghton but will ride North or South of there, wherever the conditions are best. From what I'm gathering about the conditions from the reports so far it seems I'll head South first.

brad

I'm also looking for fellow trail riders for tomorrow (Saturday the 18th). I'm leaving for X-mas on Sunday, but can ride tomorrow. I'm 3 miles west of Twin Lakes......anybody going to be in this area that wants a "tag-a-longer"?

Brad @ (906) 553-6220.

t660redrocket

We'll be riding out of Mass City Dec. 19 thru Dec. 22. We'll be 90% off the trail riding 2 tracks, forest roads and climbing hills. Hope to get stuck a lot too! Stop by the Bluff by 9 a.m. if you want to join us!

Team ManBearPig

whitedust i kinda hear what you are saying but telling a guy to ride alone is NOT a good idea. there are not a lot of people riding so far this year and if you have problems you can be screwed. we were up last weekend thru tuesday and mon. and tues . we met 2 other sleds. i will do it around home but not in the U.P.. another thing up there is there are a lot of areas that you dont get phone reception.

whitedust

whitedust i kinda hear what you are saying but telling a guy to ride alone is NOT a good idea. there are not a lot of people riding so far this year and if you have problems you can be screwed. we were up last weekend thru tuesday and mon. and tues . we met 2 other sleds. i will do it around home but not in the U.P.. another thing up there is there are a lot of areas that you dont get phone reception.

New cell towers were turned on this week much improved coverage & heck I ride the UP alone all the time & so do other people. There will be lots more sleds this weekend when smitty is riding & mrsrunningbear is on it with Smitty. Smitty will have a good ride hooked up with Runningbear Resort..........good people to stay with. Smitty is not out there without a saftey net he listened & will be AOK.

smitty440

Thanks for the concern. I had to cancel my reservation with mrsrunningbear. Sorry Mrsrunningbear. As it turned out I was able to hook up with one of my friends that lives in St Germain and was able to stay at his place. Some trails were great others were bad. The further north we went the better.

Thanks, Smitty

tnt

UP bound

Hi Tim, I think that you are the guy my buddy and I bumped into in Silver City a couple of years ago. We are from the Dixon, IL area. You took us down to the VFW in White Pine. I like to go to the UP more often than I can find friends to go. I'd like to exchange numbers; send me a PM.

Todd