Looking for some people to go west with...my truck/trailer or yours

ifishiam

I want to plan at least one if not two trips west this year.
I have never been, so I am not going to be trying to get any 509film footage, but I ride often in the UP and I know my limits, so I ride within them. The wife said she is willing to go west with me over Xmas break, but she is not much of a rider, so it seems like a bit of a waste to drive that far with her if she won't really ride and then I would have no one to ride with.

If there are any groups that are looking for an extra, or if there were a couple guys looking to go, I am happy to take my rig.
I have an enclosed trailer that will hold 3 long tracks for sure, maybe 4 if we get creative and I am happy to use it.

Please let me know as I am going to plan something soon before things book up. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year in the west.

Last edited:

Jonger1150

I might be up for this

I want to plan at least one if not two trips west this year.
I have never been, so I am not going to be trying to get any 509film footage, but I ride often in the UP and I know my limits, so I ride within them. The wife said she is willing to go west with me over Xmas break, but she is not much of a rider, so it seems like a bit of a waste to drive that far with her if she won't really ride and then I would have no one to ride with.

If there are any groups that are looking for an extra, or if there were a couple guys looking to go, I am happy to take my rig.
I have an enclosed trailer that will hold 3 long tracks for sure, maybe 4 if we get creative and I am happy to use it.

Please let me know as I am going to plan something soon before things book up. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year in the west.

I'm going to see how the winter goes, but if I don't get any serious miles on my sled between now and mid January, I might be up. The problem is that I don't have a long track, only a 137 inch renegade 600 Etec. I also have a 2015 23 Ft trailer.

My usual riding partner seems reluctant to want to do this, he is far more shackled to his job than I am. (I get paid either way) lol

I would also be interested in flying out west and meeting up with a few others and renting a long track. If anyone wants to chime in on this, please do so.

muzik

Me and a buddy head out to West Yellowstone every year anywhere from mid Feb to early March. We usually try and ride four or five days. We know the area pretty well, some great spots to get off trail and test your skills and courage. This year two flatlanders will be joining us. They will want to ride mostly trail. We are a sober group who just enjoys riding and fun. If you are interested PM me and we can find a way to add you into our trip. We travel from near Duluth MN. You must be near Green Bay so it is about a 22 hour drive for you. Hotels are reasonable whre we stay and it is a nice place.

ifishiam

Thanks for the responses. I have my trips booked for this year. One to Cooke and one to Steamboat area. Both areas are getting good snow, so it should be a good season.

Cheers,
SMK

ifishiam

Hi All,

I just came back from my first trip out west to Cooke City, MT. I wanted to let everyone know that I had an absolute blast and I owe it all to Mom's Motorsports and the destination trips they do out west.
I went with them because I was having a hard time finding enough guys to commit and plan our own trip. Jacob Mom and his dad Rick do a great job of coordinating and planning everything. All I really had to do was show up at the meeting point, load my stuff on their rig and sit back and relax until we got to Cooke City.
They planned the lodging, meals, routes etc, so it was super easy and there were about 20 other guys on the trip so I was guaranteed I would find some guys to ride with when we got there.
If have not heard about the Mom's trips, I highly recommend you check them out. They do trips all over the west all season long and each one is a little different. For the trips to Cooke City the food is prepared by Terri at the Bearclaw Bakery and we ate like kings the entire time. Bearclaw Bob has a heated shop with every tool you can think of and he will let you rent a spot to work on your sled or store your sled for the night. It is really a top notch service unlike anything I have seen in the past.

If you want to see some photos form the trip, see here:

Trail Genius Ignited-Cooke City photos

Cooke City Photo album

JasonF

Hi All,

I just came back from my first trip out west to Cooke City, MT. I wanted to let everyone know that I had an absolute blast and I owe it all to Mom's Motorsports and the destination trips they do out west.
I went with them because I was having a hard time finding enough guys to commit and plan our own trip. Jacob Mom and his dad Rick do a great job of coordinating and planning everything. All I really had to do was show up at the meeting point, load my stuff on their rig and sit back and relax until we got to Cooke City.
They planned the lodging, meals, routes etc, so it was super easy and there were about 20 other guys on the trip so I was guaranteed I would find some guys to ride with when we got there.
If have not heard about the Mom's trips, I highly recommend you check them out. They do trips all over the west all season long and each one is a little different. For the trips to Cooke City the food is prepared by Terri at the Bearclaw Bakery and we ate like kings the entire time. Bearclaw Bob has a heated shop with every tool you can think of and he will let you rent a spot to work on your sled or store your sled for the night. It is really a top notch service unlike anything I have seen in the past.

If you want to see some photos form the trip, see here:

Trail Genius Ignited-Cooke City photos

Cooke City Photo album

You should have said something, we were in the Grizzly Pad cabin just down the road when Moms was there. You could of stopped by and had a beer!

Clintondf

I'm going to see how the winter goes, but if I don't get any serious miles on my sled between now and mid January, I might be up. The problem is that I don't have a long track, only a 137 inch renegade 600 Etec. I also have a 2015 23 Ft trailer.

My usual riding partner seems reluctant to want to do this, he is far more shackled to his job than I am. (I get paid either way) lol

I would also be interested in flying out west and meeting up with a few others and renting a long track. If anyone wants to chime in on this, please do so.

I am interested in this next winter. I ride every year in michigan with buddies and my wife. Kids
Arent old enough yet. So i’m Kind of in the same boat. I will probably be upgrading sleds this next year to a 144”. I have been to laramie area once with my 136”. It was fine. We drove out there. Wasnt too bad. Cheaper than flying and renting sleds. But i dont mind to go out and rent either. Looking at beaver creek lodge north of logan utah for next year. Looks like it has everything you need and all types of riding opportunities. I would go back to Albany wyoming in the snowy range in a heartbeat drive out and Take sleds or rent.
Albany lodge in wyoming
Beaver creek lodge in utah

woodside

Been to Beaver Creek Lodge early January2015 and 2016 with our group of 10.. Bryan runs a first class operation. The rental sleds/outer wear are very good as well as nice accomodations and great food . We know of two groups who will be riding there the end of Feb. Wish I could join them.

Our group of 10 just returned from the Black Hills Saturday after 4 1/2 days of riding. The trail system is fantastic, well groomed and marked and they have lots of snow. Off trail is a bit sketchy as one has to be careful due to numerous stumps and logs. Some of us plan on a return trip next Winter.