Lucky to Be Alive!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Former Green Bay Packer, Randall Cobb and his family survived a house fire that engulfed the veteran wide receiver's Nashville home, his wife revealed on social media. Aiyda Cobb noted in an Instagram story recapping the incident that their Tesla charger that was inside their garage caught fire and the blaze quickly moved throughout the home. They along with their three young sons were able to escape, but only with the clothes on their backs.

"We are lucky to be alive," she wrote. "The Tesla charger caught on fire in the garage late last night and quickly spread. We got out of the house with nothing but the clothes on our back and no shoes on our feet. I'll explain more later but posting this in case I miss any appts, calls, texts, meetings. Thank you GOD."

In a follow-up post by Cobb, the 33-year-old revealed pictures of the scene which showed his garage covered in soot and ash. He also revealed that after he and his family escaped, Cobb ran back into the burning house to save their dog, Louie.

Cobb Fire.jpeg

mezz

Glad to hear they were able to escape unharmed. It will be interesting to find out if the charger itself was the issue or the installation of the charger. I was under the impression that those charging devices are suppose to be used outside. Nonetheless, glad to hear they are all OK, stuff can be replaced.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reminds me of a couple of years ago when my cell phone caught on fire.

Phone.jpg
If a charging battery or overworked processor becomes too hot too quickly, it can ruin the chemical makeup of the phone's components. With batteries, a chain reaction called thermal runaway can cause the battery to generate even more heat and eventually catch fire or explode.​

ddhanna

Glad to hear they were able to escape unharmed. It will be interesting to find out if the charger itself was the issue or the installation of the charger. I was under the impression that those charging devices are suppose to be used outside. Nonetheless, glad to hear they are all OK, stuff can be replaced.
Most home chargers are installed and used inside.