Make-A-Wish

I was at the Pacific Raceway near Seattle over the weekend to see some NHRA racing and was surprised to see a funny car driven by Tommy Johnson Jr. with Make-A-Wish sponsorship. The public address announcer did note that no donations to Make-A-Wish are used for racing sponsorships but any sponsorship costs are donated. Since this is a Don Schumacher car, I would guess he is just advertising for Make-A-Wish?

Anyways, awesome races. Top fuel nitro burners are simply amazing, something everybody should experience at least once in their life. I was impressed as to how open and public friendly the pits and staging lanes are. Can't see NASCAR ever being this condoning. Even spent some time in the pits with Tony Schumacher, ex-part time resident of Sturgeon Bay, now living in Austin, TX. HH

Make a Wish.jpg

Ramsey

Myself and RHFD were in Pevely, MO over the weekend watching the World of Outlaw sprint cars. Since we bought our tickets early we received free pit passes good from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM for the Saturday show. Our kids got autographs from the greatest dirt car driver ever (IMHO) Steve Kinser and several other drivers. RHFD commented you would never see that in Nascar either.
Each driver walked through the front stretch grand stands and signed autographs and took pictures after they were introduced, nice touch. RHFD mentioned taking our boys to Bristol next year, I told him I didn't know if I was ready to jump back into the Nascar money funnel yet. May have to stick with the dirt track stuff for a while.

Griff 29 car.jpg

Last edited: