Manitowish Club Groomer is down

pclark

FYI, The MW Clubs groomer is down this week. They are hoping to get it back in service as soon as possible, date is unknown at this time. Mercer, Presque Isle, and Boulder Junction are pitching in and helping with the grooming in the meantime.

rph130

FYI, The MW Clubs groomer is down this week. They are hoping to get it back in service as soon as possible, date is unknown at this time. Mercer, Presque Isle, and Boulder Junction are pitching in and helping with the grooming in the meantime.
6W out of Presque Isle into Manitowish Waters behind 30 Point along County W was the worst stretch of trail I have ever been on in nearly 50 years of riding. Tried to reach Pea Patch or Shillelagh yesterday but my tailbone and back would not have it. I hope you guys get that groomer up soon.

SledTL

6W out of Presque Isle into Manitowish Waters behind 30 Point along County W was the worst stretch of trail I have ever been on in nearly 50 years of riding. Tried to reach Pea Patch or Shillelagh yesterday but my tailbone and back would not have it. I hope you guys get that groomer up soon.
That trail was terrible last year. Basically all dirt and rougher than snot. I would agree one of the worst spots to ride on, BJ just down the way was light years better.

picbn

That stretch of trail includes a lot of swamps. Usually not groomed in early season until frozen up good.

hermie

Isn't that cross country cruisers section of trail and yes it was rough last year until it was safe for groomer to pass. There are a lot of sections every where up here right now that aren't being groomed due to things aren't frozen enough yet.

pclark

That section is Presque Isle and Manitowish. MW grooms up to around Winchester and PI has the rest back up to their town. Even though conditions are reported as excellent, it's still early season riding, next two days a little warmer but should do much to the snow level, groomers just won't be able to set up the trails the way they like at night. The traffic is heavy up here right now as it should be with the holidays.

SHOOT2KILL

Isn't that cross country cruisers section of trail and yes it was rough last year until it was safe for groomer to pass. There are a lot of sections every where up here right now that aren't being groomed due to things aren't frozen enough yet.
The Bearskin RR grade trail in Oneida County must NOT be frozen yet either, It sucked BAD yesterday...lol

hermie

Ride a little on the bearskin today it was ok. Got on it off of 370 down to 51b. Then a little off of 51b. Definitely hit or miss right now as doesn't seem like the groom is holding at all. Also a lot of trails haven't been groomed at all. Rode trail 8 around the Rhinelander airport has not been touched yet. Got lucky on the way back to Saint Germain on 17 and got a fresh groom all the way to Lake Tom.

pclark

Regarding trail #6 that takes you north out of MW to Winchester and PI, see below:

The work around is 19A north out of MW until you hit first trail intersection, turn right and follow signs to Winchester/PI. This trail is much smoother.

The Manitowish Waters Sno-Skeeters Snowmobile Club trails are still in early season conditions. We have an extremely busy week, with many riders out there. So ride safe.

MW Lakes are not safe, very slushy, icy. Stay off the Lakes unless Marked.

OUR TRAIL #6 IS VERY BUMPY, so I've included a work around (see picture) to get you to Winchester/PI. This will be much smoother until we get our groomer back.

Barry Hopkins, President

pclark

Manitowish Club Groomer is back in operation:

UPDATE: OUR GROOMER WILL BE RETURNING TONIGHT AFTER REPAIRS.

With the warm weather, we will groom after all of you go "nighty night." This with cooler temps will help our trails set up by the time you "wakey wakey." So whilst you count your sheep, our groomer operator will be out working on the trails.

For those of you who understood our dilemma: Thank You! Santa will remember you next year.

For those of you who threw "hissy fits" and whined about a couple bumps: you get Coal in your stocking next year. 😆

Again a huge Thank You to our neighbors: Mercer, Presque Isle and Boulder Junction for helping us out!

Barry Hopkins, President