March 5, 2012 Ride

packerlandrider

Some pictures from todays ride. Passed the Pisten Bully and New Holland on the trails back to Houghton, groomed double wide and maybe ten tracks on them, lightly put they were amazing.

Attachments

• DSCN0539.jpg
    DSCN0539.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0541.jpg
    DSCN0541.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0552.jpg
    DSCN0552.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN0553.jpg
    DSCN0553.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0554.jpg
    DSCN0554.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

packerlandrider

More

Attachments

• DSCN0542.jpg
    DSCN0542.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0544.jpg
    DSCN0544.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN0546.jpg
    DSCN0546.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN0549.jpg
    DSCN0549.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0550.jpg
    DSCN0550.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 74

packerlandrider

Looks awesome making me really jealous.
Thanks for the pictures, how do you think it will hold up with the warmth?

I kind of went into it in a post over in the Area Conditions section, so many variables, but I know this for sure: you get away from towns and there is a 12+ inch base to these trails, quite amazing how much snow you are on top of, both on and off trail. Now the variables: precept type on Wednesday (rain kills snow just as much if not more than March sun), traffic (was pretty light today and probably will be through the week, but put traffic on loose/sloppy trails with plenty of snow...), overnight temps (if trails firm up that can cary into the next day, otherwise its melting straight through), and most importantly, IF the temps drop below freezing at night, will the clubs get out and groom?

I can be fairly certain in saying the hardpack base will hold up away from towns and road crossings at least through this weekend, however I am not sure if the clubs will be able to get that hard pack laying as nice as it is right now.

Last edited:

frnash

I kind of went into it in a post over in the Area Conditions section, so many variables, but I know this for sure: you get away from towns and there is a 12+ inch base to these trails, quite amazing how much snow you are on top of, both on and off trail. Now the variables: precept [sic] type on Wednesday (rain kills snow just as much if not more than March sun), traffic (was pretty light today and probably will be through the week, but put traffic on loose/sloppy trails with plenty of snow...), overnight temps (if trails firm up that can cary into the next day, otherwise its melting straight through), and most importantly, IF the temps drop below freezing at night, will the clubs get out and groom?

I can be fairly certain in saying the hardpack base will hold up away from towns and road crossings at least through this weekend, however I am not sure if the clubs will be able to get that hard pack laying as nice as it is right now.
What kind of precept(s), moral precept(s)? [Precept, noun: a doctrine that is taught ("He believed all the Christian precepts")] :)
Precipitation, noun: rain, snow, hail, etc.
… from M.Fr. precipitation (15c.), from L. praecipitationem (nom. praecipitatio) "act or fact of falling headlong, haste," from praecipitare "fall, be hasty," from praeceps "steep" (see precipice). Meaning "sudden haste" is c.1500. Meaning "act of falling from a height" is attested from 1610s. Meteorological sense of "rain, snow, dew, etc." is from 1670s.

[I tried to resist, really I did. :eek: ]

dekx

Wow, that looks awsome, I really wanna do one more trip next week but temps just dont look good...