Memorial Day Thanks to our Veterans

pclark

I know it's a Holiday Weekend and hope it's a safe and enjoyable one for all but wanted to say thanks to all of our veterans who fought for the freedom of our country. My dad was in WW2 and he flew behind the lines into Germany to deliver and pick up spies as they called them back in the day, he didn't talk much about it but did say that he left some good men behind because they had a very short window after they landed to pick them up and get out of there. Stay safe everyone!

euphoric1

X1000!!! Interesting WW2 story.... my grandpa was also in the war and never spoke about it... NEVER, It wasn't until after his death that a WW2 history buff got ahold of my uncle with some very interesting information and a video. My grandpa was stationed on Tinian Island and we have video of him painting the "Fat Man" and his signature was on one of the tail fins of the bomb. It was unfortunate of all the lives lost because of the bomb but a very important turning point of the war, and until my grandpa's death no one had the slightest clue as to what my grandpa did serving in WW2. So yes lets NOT FORGET the true meaning of Memorial Day and the people who served and made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we have today! NEVER FORGET!!

rph130

Its sad that some of the current and future leaders of this nation fail to understand what past generations, leaders, and soldiers did to ensure that we all breathe free air and are able to live life the way we want. Thank you to all of the people out there that continue to protect our nation and freedom.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
On this Memorial Day, we pause to remember and honor the brave servicemen and servicewomen who fought valiantly to defend our nation and made the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country. It is a day of reflection and gratitude for those who have selflessly given their lives to protect our freedom and uphold our values.

As we gather with family and friends to enjoy this long Memorial Day weekend, let us not forget the true meaning behind this holiday. Their courage, sacrifice, and unwavering commitment serve as an inspiration to us all.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest appreciation to all veterans, active-duty personnel, and their families for their incredible contributions to our country. May the legacy of those that have fallen live on, and may we always remember their bravery and dedication.

🇺🇸Have a meaningful and peaceful Memorial Day Weekend🇺🇸

old abe

Its sad that some of the current and future leaders of this nation fail to understand what past generations, leaders, and soldiers did to ensure that we all breathe free air and are able to live life the way we want. Thank you to all of the people out there that continue to protect our nation and freedom.
X2! Spot on!

racerx

Thank you guys for the awesome words above as many often do not take the time to express thanx to those who gave it all. On this weekend I always remember the second I stepped on the USS Arizona Memorial and the memory of that day that will live in infamy seemed so real it is hard to put into words. Many are gone and should not be forgotten! Thank you to all who serve for our freedom!