Mercer area

jake7880

Me and a few friends are heading to the Mercer area the 26th and I was curious if anyone has any good destinations for us to hit. Already know about Hurley and Gogebic. Maybe East of mercer destination? Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

And if anyone knows of trail conditions that would be helpful also

1fujifilm

No swearing though!

Went up there with a pal that is a F-Bomber even when sober, anyway we stayed for about half a bowl of chili before the owner (or son of, he was about 30) and we were booted.

xsledder

The Pea Patch in Mani Waters has a good lunch (10 miles east). Pine Lake Lodge on Pine Lake for dinner (10 miles north).

RHFD547

Beaver Lodge on trail 10 east of Mercer has some great pizza. Nice trail there and on to Fisher Lake where there is a nice little bar owned by some great people. When leaving there, take trail 8A and 8 to Pine Lake Lodge for a great steak.

Dirty Kitty

Bear Bar in Winchester has good food. There is also a decent Bar on CTY HWY W, just south of CTY HWY J intersection. By car (or sled...it is Northern WI ;) from Mercer take J towards Winchester, turn right on W about 1/2 mile on your right hand side. The snowmobile trail comes out across the street from that Bar. Cannot remember the name.....good food and drinks. Nice interior and bar.

maddog24

A lot of great places mentioned. Burgers Bar and Grill in Montreal (Gile) is fantastic. New place opened last year. It's a real nice bar and the Best burgers I have had up north .

IOWASLEDDER

You talking about the Wilderness Inn? I personally like the Pea Patch for Pizza!

- - - Updated - - -

Bear Bar in Winchester has good food. There is also a decent Bar on CTY HWY W, just south of CTY HWY J intersection. By car (or sled...it is Northern WI ;) from Mercer take J towards Winchester, turn right on W about 1/2 mile on your right hand side. The snowmobile trail comes out across the street from that Bar. Cannot remember the name.....good food and drinks. Nice interior and bar.
Wilderness Inn possibly?

F

fusion

Yes! The Wilderness Inn. Thanks.

Wilderness Inn is in the area (roughly) where trails 15, 19 and 6 all come together. Been riding here since the mid 90's.
I was sitting at the bar in this place the weekend after Earnhardt was killed in 2001, watching them interview the drivers, and nobody in the bar was saying a word.

Last edited:

catalac

Wilderness Inn is in the area (roughly) where trails 15, 19 and 6 all come together. Been riding here since the mid 90's.
I was sitting at the bar in this place the weekend after Earnhardt was killed in 2001.
Thats wierd you say this because we were on our way home from a week up north, and we were listening to that race on the radio. when they said what happened to Dale.