metal roof

blvette

I just bought a warehouse house for my company and it needs a new roof, it's aprox 62'x'120 and was looking at metal roofs, it is a rounded roof, can i use a metal roof, it has apox 6 up on the bend so 31 up. anyone have any great ideas for roofing besides metal or is this the best, it has rolled roofing right now and it is coming off. thanks for the tips

wags

location?

I have 25yrs+ in facilities engineering/maint and in those years by far the best I have seen is a sprayed on foam with a rolled applied top coat. This type of system has been used for years in the south and is now being used in the north. About 15 years ago I had this system on a major hotel in the O'Hare Airport (big copper round hotel in Rosemont) area and it was applied in the late 60's early 70's and although it looked beat it was water tight compared to a modified system (tar and gravel) which I had on a wing that was built in 1978 that was a pain in my @#$ with leaks all the time.

I can't for the life of me remember the product name but I'm sure you can find it on the internet. Oh, try Neogard??

booondocker

I am surely no expert here, but I think you would be talking a custom roof being rounded anywhere. Metal is primarily for flat.

I would look into the spray foam and cover type, or membrane roof that can take expansion and contraction, and run over imperfections better.

But then...what do I know???