Michigan Deer Season

teamarctic

What has everyone got so far?
I got a 9 point, 18 inch inside spread, 155 pounds.

120324.jpg

thunderstruck88

there was alot of BUCKEYES roaming in Ann arbor today sorry had to lol YAHOO BUCKEYES!!!! Think SNOW and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

booondocker

So duane...which hurts more, the leg, or the fact that they are leaving you dangling about "THE HUNT"....bunch of sadistic kids you have, eh?

megan600

Husband and 9 friends went for 10 days to the infamous hunting cabin. 10 days...10 guys...and 1 8pt. I believe the deer population in some areas is down, but this wife isn't that naive.
happy.gif
This is far more of a Beer camp vs a Deer camp but I dont complain about Deer Camp, so he don't complain about girls snowmobile trip!

booondocker

Megan...you are why guys need someone smarter to run the household.

One year, stick a broom in his gun case and see if he notices??? Then ask him how many shots he fired!!

But don't tell him I told you to do it!!!!

booondocker

Actually the U.P. was down 37% from last year which was not any record by any stretch.... according to the count at dah bridge.

megan600

Stuck a Play Boy in his hunting pants, and he found that. Guess I'll have to try the broom trick next year! Got a call a few days in to the camp to tell me he found the magazine...he also found that I put pics of my face on many of the girls bodies!! ;)

booondocker

Megs, you're just plain sadistic.

Mean thing to do to a guy headin off to deer camp. A kinder more gentile thing to do is the brookstick...let's him know your thinkin of him, while he is gone...and if he is under 50, he's thinkin of you too. Course if he never discovers the broomstick, you can lay that one on him when he gets back into town.

hegewisch

Spent November 13-20 at Deer Camp near Wakefield. Out of 20 hunters two bucks were taken. An 8 and a 4.I did not even see a doe the first two days. Went back up to hunt November 27-29. No luck. Did see a Wolf.

outrageous

Megan; Do what a friend of mine's wife did. She always packed his clothes for his trip to Canada for duck hunting. When he returned he asked her why she didn't pack him any underwear, she said I did, it was in your gun case.

uncle_ed

I was sent a picture of a buck supposedly shot just a few days ago in lower michigan. I am still skeptical because of the size of the deer but if it is true it would probably be at least a state record if not a world record.
Update: appears this buck was shot in indiana but details have not been 100% confirmed.

Attachments

• imagejpeg950.jpg
    imagejpeg950.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited: