Michigan Trail Tag----Gone

clark_w

Anyone else lose the Michigan Trail sticker off your sled??

Got back from a UP trip and went out to check them over and yea, sticker was gone... I even ordered on line ahead of time and had it on sled while it was all warm in my shop, and even wiped it down with alcohol before applying.

It was on the flat black paint on my Pro-X, but still?

That Sucks and looks like i will be donating to Michigan before our next trip.

CW

ill marty

I always put them on my windshield .Years ago when I was more anal I would remove them scrape glue . now I think it makes a cool mosaic look . I did lose mich registration sticker off one side . I made a duplicate .

mezz

That sucks! Was this a DNR issued permit off of a printer? The State issued permits will actually leave a VOID mark on the permit & on the surface it came off of. The DNR issued permits are easily removed & leave no VOID. I can only assume that this is the case here & someone stole it from you. If your in our area sledding, stop in the Keweenaw Convention & Visitors Bureau & get the State issued permit, or contact the MSA & get one from there. Sorry for your loss.-Mezz

Last edited:

1fujifilm

Anyone else lose the Michigan Trail sticker off your sled??

Got back from a UP trip and went out to check them over and yea, sticker was gone... I even ordered on line ahead of time and had it on sled while it was all warm in my shop, and even wiped it down with alcohol before applying.

It was on the flat black paint on my Pro-X, but still?

That Sucks and looks like i will be donating to Michigan before our next trip.

CW

Please don't take offense to this, but is your last name Griswold?

clark_w

It was the trail tag from the Michigan on line sight???

And, 1fuji, HA, nope, but i do resemble that sometimes......

CW

joks79

Contact the DNR. They should be able to help you. They will have a record of the purchase. You will have to buy a new one, but they MIGHT pay you back. I had this happen 10ish years ago.

jedoyle

It was the trail tag from the Michigan on line sight???

And, 1fuji, HA, nope, but i do resemble that sometimes......

CW

I don't know if this would hold up or not if stopped by DNR but I always take a photo of my trail permit using my smart phone as backup proof. I do this right after slapping it on sled.

mezz

Anytime you place a Sticker on a surface that is not smooth you can expect to loose it.

Not entirely true, the side panels on my sled are not smooth & have not lost a registration sticker yet with most riding in the woods. Properly cleaned & prepped surface, no issues. The windshield is smooth but very curved leaving a few wrinkles in the trail permit, still have not lost one & I always get the state issued permit which are very difficult to remove & impossible to remove without voiding it out.-Mezz