Michigan ???

D

dale_58

where is good place to stay (REASONABLE $$) close to sled rental for some that need to rent.We have never been to mich. before prob. 6-8 of us(in Feb.) Thank you
Dale

harvest1121

It depends in Michigan where you are staying. If your going to Ironwood Mi I might stay in Hurley at Haven North. It depends how many people you have but you can rent a condo and that woill be cheaper per person. You can cook your own breakfast

megan600

Dale..we like the Munising area in the UP. The Cherrywood Lodge is a hotel with Sled Rental right on site. We dont rent, but I heard they offer some good rates for hotels + sled rental. They dont have cabins or such, but we just get adjoining rooms and pack our own food or use the bar/restaurant there.

Also a few scenic destinations with in riding distance from there like Pictured Rocks, and the boat in Big Springs.

Lots of places to choose from in Michigan...good luck where ever you end up.

Yooper_Bob

Curtis is another good area....lots of lodging options, and you can rent sleds at the Fish and Hunt Shop (if you don't mind riding ski-doos!).

From there, you can head north, south, east, or west.....I would recommend heading north!

www.exploringthenorth.com has lots of UP info.

cmharcou

I found some cabins in Indian River early season special for $55 a night. brentwood is the name. Maybe check on that.

rtippett33

If you are going north of Hancock try Claumet,MI there is AmericInn and Copper rental right in the back of the hotel parking lot ( great guy to rent from ). If you are looking for a cheaper rooms look down the road at Elm hotel, but good luck getting them on the phone just showing up is the best bet with them. We like staying in Calumet great location for riding north and south.