Minocqua to Houghton

bhall

Planning a trip from Minocqua to Houghton this year sometime. Any advice on how many miles, time frame and places to stay in Houghton would be helpful. Also what is the best place to enter MI from WI? I'm thinking ride up on day one and stay over, day two Houghton to Copper Harbor and back to the hotel and day three head home.

junior

Ramada right by bridge in Hancock. My guess would be about 200 miles by trail. North through Lando and Watersmeet

marty700

Its very close to 170 miles by trail, one way, and depending on your route. I'd also recommend going by way of Land-O-Lakes and Watersmeet. Then, head Northeast towards Kenton and Sidnaw before heading North towards Twin Lakes where you can pick up the Bill Nichols Trail which takes you into Houghton. (That route is about 170 miles). The Ramada Inn in Houghton is very convenient for trail access, although the Holiday Inn is also on the trail. The Ramada books early, as does the Mariner North in Copper Harbor. The alternative in Copper Harbor is the Pines Resort (which is a little "dumpy", but has a great breakfast restaurant).

jjrkegler

It's 125 miles from Presque Isle to Houghton, so I'm guessing about 175 from Minocqua. that's assuming you can jump on Gogebic up to Bergland.

I think we stayed at a Days Inn in Houghton but it's been a few years since we've done that trip and I don't remember for sure.