Missing boy in the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely heartbreaking. I hope and have said prayers that they find him soon, alive and unhurt.

pclark

Yes, hope there is a good ending to this story. Thanks to the search party and thoughts and prayers for the boy and his family.

euphoric1

thoughts and prayers to the boy, his family and to the searchers for a speedy and happy outcome from this!

mezz

What a heart wrenching thing to have to go through, I hope & pray for a positive outcome.

indy_500

The boy is a coworkers sisters nephew. Can’t imagine what the family is going through. Prayers for a positive outcome.

indy_500

Coworker is friends with the group that found him supposedly. He said they were members of the hurley cross country team that found him. So glad he is OK

mezz

So glad this ended this way. The little guy apparently knew the rescue member that found him. According to the interview with the rescue member, the little guy knew to stay put knowing that someone would be looking for him. He found shelter under a log, ate snow & made footprints in the snow & mud to help with the search effort. Smart kid, he didn't panic & stayed put. Get this, he was 2 miles from his camp site! Nonetheless he was out there for 49 1/2 hrs. Thanks to all involved in the effort, as Gary said to a degree, happy endings are too few far between.

Last edited:

snomoman

The wife and I prayed for the little guy yesterday morning, it’s great to know that our prayers were answered, it almost brings a tear of joy to my eyes to think of how mom was feeling as she experienced the first hug after missing her son for two days, must’ve been awesome

Last edited: