MN North Shore 4/4/09

elf

Got up for one more day of riding this weekend. We unloaded near Isabella and rode east and north from there. As you drive up there you would swear it's mid Jan, not early April. Huge snowbanks from last weeks snowfall. The spots we rode were mostly excellent. If you get straight north and even west of Isabella it gets a little sketchy but east of there it was excellent.

Stopped for lunch by this river
108631.jpg

Neat shot of a tree
108632.jpg

My daughter got a little too close to the edge and broke through so here we are drying her boots off over the fire.
108633.jpg

Here's a road we were running down
108634.jpg

Luke throwing some smack down on Trent
108635.jpg

Trent's new career
108636.jpg

It was a great day. You could be riding this weekend yet if you pic the right spots. Gotta go south for Easter though so I think we are done!

samc

So Troy, I see you got to take the whole family, looks like it work out nice for the last ride of the season.

elf

Yep, it was family day on the trail. We had a great time, even with my daughter getting wet. I bet my kids have over 1000 miles on this year. There's very few times (not quite enough) we ride without them.

samc

We are you going to start them out on their own machines? I know it really depends on the age and experience. Where having this debate at home right now.

elf

The kids have a 120 right now that Trent rides constantly and is actually a very good rider. Claire is a good driver but not as interested. Claire will be 9 in the fall and Trent turns 7 this summer so I think next summer we'll try to find a full size machine for them. My problem is areas for them to ride. Our yard is small and while we have some trails through our woods, it's not much. I could always get them up on forest roads and let them ride. We currently let thenm drive our sleds on lakes and forest roads. My son keeps telling me that when he gets his first big sled it had better be a long track! So i'd like to find an inexpensive older mountain sled or stretch a sled for them.