MN North shore

elf

We got out riding on the 29th in the Finland Tofte area. Rode both forest roads and the NSST. The NSST was excellent, hit 3-4 bare spots about the size of a desk and that was it.

77057.jpg

Stopping an an overlook on the NSST
77058.jpg

77059.jpg

77060.jpg

Trail conditions of the NSST
77061.jpg

My son is down there somewhere
77062.jpg

Trent cooking a marshmallow
77063.jpg

Claire napping
77064.jpg

Stopping for the kids to go sledding

cletus22

i'd love to get my kids out to do that. i need to get a couple 2 ups instead of the f-cats though.looks like the kids had fun too.

elf

Our kids go with all the time. I bet they have over 1000 miles on this year with several 100+ mile days. We got the 2 up for my wife because she couldn't see over the kid in front of her anymore but I have no problem with a kid in front of me on my Switchback.
The key to taking kids along is to make it interesting and fun for them. We almost always will have a cook out along the trail when we go, we always have the roll up tobaggons along so we can go sliding, bring snacks and lot's of extra gloves/mittens so when they get wet, they can put on warm/dry gear. And plan for lot's of stops along the trail. My son would go everyday given the chance, he's been going with since he was 1 1/2.