Monday Feb 20th Forecast Text & Graphics?

whitedust

Ok thanks John and a very exciting forecast for Northern WI and WUP....I sure hope the near future models keep this snow storm coming this way! I was wondering why more members did not have favorable comments?.... maybe didn't understand dates and graphics?.....Riding not over by along shot. Conditions can turn for the better quickly north of Tomahawk! :)

dfattack

Maybe we are afraid to get too excited??? That's been the pattern lately. I would love to come up and ride in March. If it happens great, but I'm not getting excited about it and certainly not planning on it.

I hope the forecast pans out as john's graphic shows, but the other weather sites don't show any snow in illinois or southern Wisconsin. I'd just like to have something white on the ground or somewhere within two hours to ride.

whitedust

Maybe we are afraid to get too excited??? That's been the pattern lately. I would love to come up and ride in March. If it happens great, but I'm not getting excited about it and certainly not planning on it.

It's going to be snow falls, temps dip and react, then ride. The groomers will need a couple of days to groom trails so that is your lead time to get up here. Locals are getting on the JD forecast bandwagon so forecast feasibility is looking good at this time. We both have had a tuff year with good trails and timing so I'm on this storm with a watchful eye.

pez

I hope the forecast pans out as john's graphic shows, but the other weather sites don't show any snow in illinois or southern Wisconsin. I'd just like to have something white on the ground or somewhere within two hours to ride.

Don't worry, it will pan out. Trust me, I am going out of town and it never fails that we get a major snow storm when I am gone. Wife then has shovel driveway by herself and then I hear about it.

C

Cirrus_Driver

I don't expect much of a major event with temps above freezing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday next week, so it won't hold (groom). Vilas. JMO

whitedust

I don't expect much of a major event with temps above freezing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday next week, so it won't hold (groom). Vilas. JMO

Shoot.... I'm just trying to get thru this week's thaw then be in track of 8-12" of snow over the weekend. Warm Temps next week too early to worry about now. Trail conditions won't be good for long if Clubs don't groom but I expect there will be grooming in northern WI and UP if we get this storm. Sure... won't be perfect but late season never is. Glass half full at this point and hoping for the best. I remember several years ago ER went from thaw burn down to bare ground Poor to 12" new snow & Excellent in 2 days. No one thought the ST website condition report was true.....it was true and conditions can turn quickly in the Northwoods. We are still getting below freezing at night which slows melting. A good wet snow will make a great new base to ride since many wooded trail areas still have ice & snow. I like JDs near and long term forecast for early March and we still are in the game so far.

Grant Hoar

Don't worry, it will pan out. Trust me, I am going out of town and it never fails that we get a major snow storm when I am gone. Wife then has shovel driveway by herself and then I hear about it.

Com'n JDers, lets fund trips for pez to go out of town more often. On the downside he gets to hear about it, but he can take one for team JD'ers!