Mosquito Inn: 8th wonder of the U.P.

racerxnet

My recent trip to the U.P took me to the Mosquito Inn. As I watched the forecasts on this site, my dreams were melting as fast as the snow cover. I made a last minute decision to take a trip to ride my sleds on some great Michigan trails. The site mentioned that the Houghton/ Toivola area was still in good riding condition, so off I went. While on my way, my neighbor called me to ask if I had a place to stay and mentioned that Don and Donna of the Mosquito Inn had room to board me.

Don and Donna welcomed me to their own home and put me up for the 2 days I was there. Not only that, they took me on a 170 mile tour last Tuesday that was awesome. It was great for a 1st timer like me who does not know the trail system. All I had to do was watch for Don's tail light and enjoy the scenery. Donna made sure I was still on the trail as she followed behind. That was some of the best riding I ever had with 2 great friends.

The 2 newly remodeled rooms available from Don and Donna are very nice and can accommodate a large group of friends on your trip. For good times and great food stop in at the Mosquito Inn bar. Warm up next to the stove and enjoy the atmosphere before heading down the trail again. I will be back again with the other Leetard's this February.

I have been bit by the mosquito this winter.

Thanks Don and Donna

Your friend Mark.

Attachments

• PICT0723.jpg
    PICT0723.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 614
  • PICT0724.jpg
    PICT0724.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 669
  • PICT0725.jpg
    PICT0725.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 573
  • PICT0730.jpg
    PICT0730.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 577
  • PICT0736.jpg
    PICT0736.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 595

racerxnet

Yes it's a Buick pulling the trailer!!

LT1 350
Full frame car
KYB mono tube shocks
Variable rate rear springs (towing)
Full sized couch for a front seat
3:55 rear end
5000L lbs towing capacity
factory trans cooler
Leather interior in very nice condition

Paid $1200.00 for it with 70k on the odometer.

Heck of a sleeper with a bullet proof motor. I get about 12 MPG when pulling the sleds. Otherwise 21 - 25 over the road cruising

Best of all: No Payment

MAK

fire126

Sounds like a great time. We will be getting to D's base camp on 1-12-11 til Monday. Great place to stop at. Cant wait to get bit by the BUG.

Yes it's a Buick pulling the trailer!!

LT1 350
Full frame car
KYB mono tube shocks
Variable rate rear springs (towing)
Full sized couch for a front seat
3:55 rear end
5000L lbs towing capacity
factory trans cooler
Leather interior in very nice condition

Paid $1200.00 for it with 70k on the odometer.

Heck of a sleeper with a bullet proof motor. I get about 12 MPG when pulling the sleds. Otherwise 21 - 25 over the road cruising

Best of all: No Payment

MAK

I love your car! My neighbor has owned a Buick Roadmaster Woody Stationwagon since new. The thing is huge, same sized as those 70's wagons but even bigger. He told me his car is the last model year for cars this size. Not sure what year that was, thinking late 80's to early 90's. The car is still in show room condition and only on it's second set of tires.

thebreeze

Love the tow rig and the Mosquito!!! Cant wait to pound some blues at the bug bar Saturday night watching the Pack and check out the remodeled cabins!