Mounting GPS to sled

mikesvmax

How have you guys mounted your gps to your sled? I have a Lowrance iFinder H2O that I want to mount but am not sure how to do it. Thanks!

radsrh

Go on-line to the Lowrance web site, they have the R-A-M ATV and snowmobile 1" ball-mounting bracket with arm and cradle. $49.95 or you can look aftermarket and save some bucks

mikesvmax

does the RAM mount bounce around a lot? We had the arm and cradle in our boat but it bounced so bad we couldn't read it. Is it the same way on a sled?

polarisrider1

mike, I bolted my Ram unit directly to the dash of my sled. I did not use the ball mount part. I fugured closer to the dash the better, shorter arm holding the GPS the better. I am one for rolling my sled out of the hole when stuck. One less thing to break off. Don't worry about drilling a few holes in dash. I nice sticker can cover them at resale.

polarisrider1

mike you need part# RAM-HOL-LO3U for I-finder H20. cost is $10.34 at Ram web site. bolt it directly to your sled. The mount bounces a lot because my sled bounces a lot. Not safe to look at GPS while moving on a sled.

polarisrider1

mike you need part# RAM-HOL-LO3U for I-finder H20. cost is $10.34 at Ram web site. bolt it directly to your sled. The mount bounces a lot because my sled bounces a lot. Not safe to look at GPS while moving on a sled.

mikesvmax

Thanks for the help. That looks like the ticket. I already have that part so I will just unbolt it from the arm in the winter and bolt it back in the boat in the summer. Thanks!

chadlyt

I did a RAM mount for mine. Note: get batteries that wont freeze...standard alkaline will freeze in 30 minutes at 10 degrees.

119964.jpg

marq

Here is how I mounted the GPS on my Apex.

Attachments

• 100_0575.jpg
    100_0575.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_0579.jpg
    100_0579.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 52

Hoosier

polarisrider - you have a picture of that? I think I've seen that from you before. Now that I've researched RAM mounts, I know what you're talking about and would like to do something similar on my fusion.

Thanks!

Hoosier

polarisrider - ok, I found that picture from you on another thread. Did you put anything on the backside of the dash for strength when you mounted your GPS where you did? Also, when you mount it like that, is it basically at the right angle towards you, like the speedo gauge? Just trying to figure out if I should mount mine like you did or buy the whole RAM kit so I can adjust it.

revman

Here is how I mounted the GPS on my Apex.

Marq,

Do you have the trail chip from GPS Sledmaps? I have the XOG too, and am wondering how you like that? I am going to mount mine to my sled this winter too!

Thank,

REVman

jccams

I also used a Ram mount bolted directly to the dash. I put a 1/4" aluminum plate on the back side that was tapped so the dash is just sandwiched between the mount and the plate.