Munising-paridise-grand murais where to ride?

SledRunner

Coming up to UP this weekend, Not sure where to stay or to ride. I heard the trails were not that good around munising. Kind of wanted to ride to Tahquamenon falls.
I want a nice hotel to stay at too. any ideas would be great! been riding in the up before but its been a few years! Would like to show my girl friend the falls. is there other falls to check out
and if so maybe we should saty closer to them.
thanks
for any help!

polarisrider1

Coming up to UP this weekend, Not sure where to stay or to ride. I heard the trails were not that good around munising. Kind of wanted to ride to Tahquamenon falls.
I want a nice hotel to stay at too. any ideas would be great! been riding in the up before but its been a few years! Would like to show my girl friend the falls. is there other falls to check out
and if so maybe we should saty closer to them.
thanks
for any help!

Newberry and Paradise have decent motels. I would take her to Bay Mills in Brimley Ask for the snowmobiler pkg. . TQ falls are almost frozen over.

helhuf

New Groomer around Munising trails great... Stay at Cherrywood Lodge, Days Inn or a host of other places in Wetmore. Ride Tr 8 from Wetmore(Munising) to Grand Marais to Pine stump Junction then to Paradise/Taq Falls- We did about 300 miles the way we went and came back- a big loop. All the trails were great in the am, a little bumpy on the way back. My friends just got back from Munising and had a great time, all the trails were great

outdrsman83

Call Larry at the North store he is north of Newberry south of Pinestump awsesome area you can ride different way each day 906-658-3450

SledRunner

New Groomer around Munising trails great... Stay at Cherrywood Lodge, Days Inn or a host of other places in Wetmore. Ride Tr 8 from Wetmore(Munising) to Grand Marais to Pine stump Junction then to Paradise/Taq Falls- We did about 300 miles the way we went and came back- a big loop. All the trails were great in the am, a little bumpy on the way back. My friends just got back from Munising and had a great time, all the trails were great

Did you guys do this in one day? how did it take you! I would like to do that route!

Steamer

300 miles round trip. We did this over New years. A buddy and I and got back at 10:30pm We road hard but the trails back were torn up. Busy weekend!

heckler56

Did you guys do this in one day? how did it take you! I would like to do that route!

We do it in one long day. We have run the road from Red's to Pine Stump instead of taking the trail 431 (?) from the west into Red's (real twisty). Our loop ends up being Newberry to Pardise then along the lake (this goes through the burned out forest).

We need to keep as close as possible to gas stops since someones sled has a tiny tank.......

SledRunner

We do it in one long day. We have run the road from Red's to Pine Stump instead of taking the trail 431 (?) from the west into Red's (real twisty). Our loop ends up being Newberry to Pardise then along the lake (this goes through the burned out forest).

We need to keep as close as possible to gas stops since someones sled has a tiny tank.......

Ok, I think we are staying in Munising and see how far we get, i am thinking we will ride up to Grand Murais then over to falls if we can make it!
thanks
for everybody info too!!!

JoshCurry

Really nice snowmobile friendly bed and breakfast, Agate cross in Grand Marias, nice private rooms, heated gear room. Just a block or so from trail. Comparable cost to a hotel room double occupancy.

helhuf

We started in Wetmore (gas) close to the Buckhorn, took tr 8 to Grand Marais to the Pinestump (gas), back to 8 all the way to the Lower Falls to get gas, stopped at Upper falls and had lunch. The we went back tr 45 towards Newberry and stopped at Redz (gas) tr 498? back up the road to the Pine Stump tr 8 back to Wetmore (gas) ( I have a 7 gal tank) In all a little over 300 miles. Yes we did it in 1 day, got back about 7 pm (started about 9 am) The Falls are great!!!! all the trail good except for 8 back to Wetmore (but they have a different groomer now) Heckler56 .. I did good for a little tank and didn't have to be towed this year, just lost 3 belts with the stick clutch

heckler56

Ok, I think we are staying in Munising and see how far we get, i am thinking we will ride up to Grand Murais then over to falls if we can make it!
thanks
for everybody info too!!!

You can do it and should… Set your sights to get to Pinestump and see how you feel. You can always turn back and then go through Grand Marais or hop back on the trail and head to the Falls. The Lake route is my favorite part. When you get to the burned out forest, pay attention to the arrows or you might pull a Helhuf and go straight when you should turn (that guy got some serious air after hitting the big log )….

- - - Updated - - -

Heckler56 .. I did good for a little tank and didn't have to be towed this year, just lost 3 belts with the stick clutch

You did good… BTW, I toasted by belt unloading the sled after last week (consider it in honor of your January belt melts)