Navigation Hook up

007_bond

I have a Garmin Nuvi 360. (Just purchased the trail map chip) I purchased the handlebar mounting kit and I have the cigarette adapter. The battery life is terrible so I'm looking to wire a plug-in on my 1200 Renegade. I also need to wire a plug for a heated shield. Can anyone give me advice on how to do this? Is it something I should have the dealer install?

007_bond

Thanks 2TrakR,
Exactly what I was looking for. I just ordered it. Do you know if there's an electric panel for low voltage or should I just wire straight to the battery?

MZEMS2

I wired mine direct to the battery, with an inline fuse. That way there is power all the time. Otherwise, my sled ahd to reach 2600 rpm's before it would power any auxilaries. Didn't nned to order anything for it, just used the cord that came with it. I did order a second cord in the spring to use the same GPS on the bike, and did the same thing.

2TrakR

I wire mine right to the battery and use the included inline fuse (like AlumaDoo suggested). They pull so little juice you don't need to worry about running the battery down if you leave it on.