Navigation

harvest1121

Never understood Gps for snowmobiles I thought the reason was to go have a pocket full of cash and not worry where your at. There is a sign every 20 miles so who cares.

whitedust

X2 ...ER is signed like an interstate plus 1 & 2 way trails use your eyes because GPS not going to tell you 1 or 2 way. Just follow signs sooooooooooo much snomo biz trying to draw you in should not be a problem with map & line of sight. Everything is on trail hotels, bars, grills, shopping, drug store, dealers, derby track you name it you can ride there & GPS not going to have everything listed on a paper map for snomo world. Plus you find the best trails when you make a wrong turn. Unwind explore enjoy leave GPS at home don't need it.

blkhwkbob

Sure it is signed well, but there are several places where all the signs will point you to Eagle River. One of them may be the short way, and one of them may be the long way. The difference could be twenty miles. I'm still a paper map guy, but if the guy wants to use a GPS, let him. It's called technology.

Regis1320

I have the redpine mapping as well on my nuvi 550. Im using a ram mount on my sled and it works great! I've used it on a few trips this year and so far so good! Even worked on the michigan/indiana trails i rode this past weekend.

snowbound83

I have redpine on my oregon I do not use it very often general rely on a paper map just easier to look at I think. But the GPS can come in handy in an emergency situation. Also if you have a smart phone you can download Polaris Snow Trails app for free its not the greatest but its free.

whitedust

Sure it is signed well, but there are several places where all the signs will point you to Eagle River. One of them may be the short way, and one of them may be the long way. The difference could be twenty miles. I'm still a paper map guy, but if the guy wants to use a GPS, let him. It's called technology.

Sure use GPS if you want but paper better in ER.