Need help determining value for a 1971 arctic cat

misfitinaction

I have a 1971 arctic cat 440 with the Kawasaki engine. Sled runs but needs new fuel lines and a pick up. Wondering what the sled is worth

ws6formula

Vintage sled values vary greatly. I've seen apparently rarer engined sled go for 3k on up to 10,000. Fully restored (common sled), it may be $1,000 to $1,500. Unfortunately, I've seen unrestored beatup sleds where the owners think they are worth thousands in unrestored condition. I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred for an unrestored sled. Probably your best bet is to search the ebay completed auctions for similar sleds and the final price. Is it an El Tigre? Those might be the more collectible sleds.

Go to vintagesleds.com to see many comparables. In Cat for 71, the Puma and EXTs would be on the higher end while others would be more of what ws6 called "common" sleds. If this is common and decent, $400 - $800. They need to be complete cuz when you have to start looking for dash, seats, ect it gets you to more money quickly. If its not decent, buy 2 or more, you will have a parts selection.