Need some help with trail choice in northern WI and western UP

renten

We will be heading out from Boulder Jct. and were thinking about heading more north west toward Saxon Harbor, or Boulder to Bergland then trail 102 to 11N to Silver City. Any details for those areas would be great! Thanks Much.

whitedust

Ride wherever everything still good in Vilas. Trails showing a little wear & tear but temps going back down for weekend highs in mid 20s. Gas stations bare but we are spoiled up here.lol Good time to ride won't be long till thaw & burndown in March....always happens so ride while you can.

nhra1000

WD is right...its all good right now...Id personallly head towards Bergland and then Silver city...Going northwest means you have to go tru mercer....Pretty much dread heading that way...its good when you get out by island lake but ive never had much luck going thru Mercer...

arcticgeorge

Headed out of Ironwood today and took the Michigan trail 160 to Saxon Harbor and trail was groomed and nice. Trail 2 in Ironwood is nice too now that the weekend traffic is gone.

clark_w

Lenny,

How are the trails thru towns and parking lots holding up?? We are heading your way (Twin Lakes area) Friday.....

Clark

renten

Ride wherever everything still good in Vilas. Trails showing a little wear & tear but temps going back down for weekend highs in mid 20s. Gas stations bare but we are spoiled up here.lol Good time to ride won't be long till thaw & burndown in March....always happens so ride while you can.

Covered most of Vilas co. Trail 17n out of Eagle River to Phelps and 6w out of Phelps to Lando was great. I didn't get any replies before we left the morning so I thought I would play it safe and stay where I thought the trails were snow covered and groomed. Now trying to figure out tomorrows trip. Thanks for the help!

renten

Headed out of Ironwood today and took the Michigan trail 160 to Saxon Harbor and trail was groomed and nice. Trail 2 in Ironwood is nice too now that the weekend traffic is gone.

Do you know anything about the conditions of trail 3,4,6 back to Hurley? Thanks!

stormbringr1

Do you know anything about the conditions of trail 3,4,6 back to Hurley? Thanks!

The trail conditions in/around Hurley in northern Iron County from about Island Lake north through the western UP are as good right now as I've seen them in the past several years. Almost nobody around either. Just perfect. Enjoy! Trail 7 was just sweet other than a short distance through the logging area. Perm-a-grin the whole way!