Need some ideas from you guys...

mikes99ss

I am a member at a local short track and we recently had our elections. The guy i wanted to win thankfully won his bid as Vice president. here is where it gets good. They had special meeting at a bar 2 days after the election and said that some of the mailed in votes were not up to par and would be thrown out thus handing the election to his competitor. I am mad and want to fight to get a re-vote so it can be handled the right way but do you guys have any idea how to tackle this monster? I am trying but i really don't know where to start.....thanks!!!

dcsnomo

You would need to get a Board member to make a motion for a re-vote, with an appropriate second. If no motion is made then there is nothing you can do. Pick out 2 sympathetic Board members and go to work on them.

wags

What do the Bi-laws of the club say in regard to elections? As a member you have rights to them if you already don't.

Were nominations done before hand?

Good Luck

D

Deleted member 10829

wags is right. Get a copy of your bylaws as they should be very specific on elections. I would be surprised if they could have a special meeting without it being properly posted for members to be aware of with an opportunity to attend. What does "not up to par" mean? If they allow absentee ballots, which we do on the board I serve on, they better have a very valid reason as to why they threw out the mailed in votes. This sounds very fishy to me. Keep us posted.

mikes99ss

Here is the low down. I am just a fan of the track a have a few friends that race there so i really don't know all that much about how it works but from what everyone was saying there was not public notification of this meeting. I have no idea how that affects the bylaws but i am working on that. The absentee votes that where thrown out were because that were not faxed in on official track ballots it was just a few people that wrote there votes down a a piece of paper and faxed them to the club. thanks for the help....I am trying

wags

Mike do you know anyone who belongs to the club or group if so get a copy of those by-laws they are the clubs rules which they need to abide by. What you wrote above about not knowing how public notification affects the bylaws is incorrect actually it is the other way around so if they did not post a meeting or have an open public meeting they are most likely in violation of their own bylaws. Keep going in that direction I think it is the only ave you may have.

God Luck

90s

sounds like this might be a track in MI. Everything you described sounds real familiar.