NEO trailer Question

2003polaris

Have a question for those people out there that have a NEO trailer. Would you go with a 7x22 or a 7 1/2 x 22. It's not a lot of price difference. The 7 1/2 has torsion axle. The 7x22 doesn't. It's spring axle. Does anyone have the 7 1/2 x22. Thanks

garyl62

I like the 7 to see around. The 7 1/2 would allow you to get 3 144's or longer in probably. More room is always nice, but smaller is better when you have to pull it, look around it, and pay for it. This really becomes a personal preference issue if you don't have something you absolutely need the room for. Don't get hung up on the axle, everyone on here that I recall said the springs were fine.

garyl62

Do you have spring or torsion axle?

I know you've been really going back and forth with this question and trying to decide what to get. Just looking in from the outside of your though process I've come to the conclusion you need to get the torsion axle. Most people that have replied about this say they didn't see a difference, but it's like anything that's really important to someone, you'll always look back and think you made a mistake if you don't get it now. No one here will be able to convince you without a doubt you don't need it so just put it into your budget and get it. Don't get confused by different trailers that have it or don't, you'll probably keep this trailer for a while and it seems you think it will give you a better trailer so just do it.

garyl62

hey 2003, don't take my comment like I was thinking you were a bother. I just know when I'm debating about something that has no clear answer and I keep going back and forth I'm usually always second guessing myself if I don't go with my gut feeling. I was basically saying if your gut is telling you to get the torsion axle than go that way even if its kind of a toss up choice. Believe me, I'm sure there are a few people that think I beat the NEO info to death on this site sometime too, so feel free to keep asking questions.

garyl62

go to their web site for dealers. John's trailers has some prices on their website, but don't know how up to date they are.

Last edited:

whitedust

Look at this way I never replaced a torsion axle but I have replaced springs as they wear & rust. Takes a few years but springs do wear.