netflix question

euphoric1

Last year I subscribed to Netflix on my phone so while we are up at our seasonal trailer we can watch movies and pipe it over our TV, but it seems like there are a lot of foreign movies on there, some in foreign language and my all-time favorite in English voice over where the dialogue doesn't match the way the mouths are moving. Is there a way to have all "English" movies?

Northstar

I hate to watch those over dubbed movies, like watching bad 1970's Kung Foo movies. Seems like they must have a big production company in Spain because to me it seems that a lot of those overdubbed with "Spainish" overtones or spellings on signage and police cars. They are a production company and are throwing as much of their homemade content out there that they can to save from paying a studio fees on a movie like "Top Gun" or what have you.

That being said I also find it a pain that you cannot just filter by movies. If you just want to kill 2 hours with a movie you lose the first hour scrolling through the listings to weed out the series, because I wanted to kill a couple of hours not a couple of days. And then you still have weed out the over dubbed crap.

I personally would cancel the service because most of the stuff on Netflix is the above crap, but the wife and daughter would kill me if I did.

pclark

I hate to watch those over dubbed movies, like watching bad 1970's Kung Foo movies. Seems like they must have a big production company in Spain because to me it seems that a lot of those overdubbed with "Spainish" overtones or spellings on signage and police cars. They are a production company and are throwing as much of their homemade content out there that they can to save from paying a studio fees on a movie like "Top Gun" or what have you.

That being said I also find it a pain that you cannot just filter by movies. If you just want to kill 2 hours with a movie you lose the first hour scrolling through the listings to weed out the series, because I wanted to kill a couple of hours not a couple of days. And then you still have weed out the over dubbed crap.

I personally would cancel the service because most of the stuff on Netflix is the above crap, but the wife and daughter would kill me if I did.
Netflix not what it used to be, once in awhile a good movie comes along or a good series. I can't complain too much becuase we piggyback on our daughters account;)

dfattack

The only series I liked where I had to read subtitles was Fauda.

Watched a few series and movies in Spanish since my wife’s native language is Spanish :rolleyes: other than that I skip all the foreign movies