New Bosch Miter Saw?

jr37

John,
Did you see the new miter saw that Bosch has? Instead of the dual rods for a slide, it has a pivoting arm. Suppose to be alot more accurate. When I read about it, they said it had a retail of $800, ouch. The mag. that it was in claimed it to be the best.

-Jon

wilson

..i have the festool miter saw, perfect cut every time, smooth, i love this thing! kinda expensive, i would not haul this around to job sites, but in the shop it's perfect.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I did and actually upgraded to it. That is the reason my Bosch slider will be in your hands in about a month. :)

I do love it, although with the 12" blade and the new setup for forward/backward motion makes kick back something to be a lot more weary of if you are cutting through a board that is not perfectly flat/square. I do like that it will cut through thicker material than the 10" saw, but that 10" that is headed your way is one sweet saw.

I really had to talk myself away from the Festool. I have the Festool tracked circular saw and is a wonder for cutting up sheet goods.

-John