New Castle X gear @ Milwaukee

tr7

Anyone get to Castle's booth in Milwaukee and see the gear they were showing? I am wondering what everyone else thought of it. Myself and a couple of the guys I was with plan on buying it this season for sure.

Apparently it is a new line this year and it looks extremely impressive! I think it is called TRA or something, but it is super nice. It is a soft shell fabric that is really comfy and I was told really durable as well. It is kind of a crossover line. It has insulation, but it is fully removable for the guys who just like shells and like to layer.

The guys over there explained the entire thing and had cut up jackets and bibs to show you the materials being used in it. For anyone looking for new high performance gear this is worth looking at for sure. And at half the price of a Klim/Motorfist set you can save a bunch of money.

maddogg

I didn't get to see it but I did buy a suit for the wife and myself from last years line. I can't justify paying so much form Klim/Motorfist stuff. I know it works, etc. but just can't shell out $800 for an outfit.

Let the ripping on me begin.

yamadooed

Most of the gear quality seems to be related directly to price which is good because the Technicolor barf and Camowee patterns will be outdated long before the clothing wears out...

loriwlrc

We were very lucky to be suited up by Castle last year to demo the new line,the jackets are called Caliber and the pants are called Factor,100% wind and water proof,and yes the zip out lining system was a real nice feature. The liner jacket is so thin but can also be used as a summer/fall light weight jacket. Castle was really open to ours as well as other riders suggestions and produced this gear to compete with the higher priced suits out there, really looking forward to recieving the finished product,what really excited me was they listened to me and others and came out with a short length option, for both men and women, some of us are just vertically challenged,and a girlie cut for we girl riders. We were impressed ,as we invested in Klim the 1st. year they came out and will admit we still have our 1st set purchased, but this was well thought out gear and we really enjoyed itas well as the opertunity to be test riders.

MZEMS2

I hope Castle has made some improvements over the last couple years. We had some of the gear and the zippers and pockets were pretty bad, lots of leaks and cold. We were at the show but didn't check out the Castle booth.

tr7

Super pumped to try this new gear out.

Loriwlrc, how did you like the soft shell nylon when you tested it? It seemed extremely comfortable when we tried it on at the show and I could see how that would relate to a better days ride.

In my opinion Castle has really stepped up their game the past few years. I've pretty much always ridden in their gear so seeing the things they have come out with in recent years is cool. They have all the edgy stuff and still have the conservative colors as well. Their new goggles are amazing! I have three pair they work so good. I also saw the new boots at the show and have already purchased them.

I have never had any complaints with anything they have made, so the addition of this high performance gear is welcomed!

loriwlrc

tr7, I really like the zip out liner, as of right now I am using it as a run around jacket. We were able to wear the proto type for this years line, the above mentioned suit pieces are the ones we were testing and will be recieving the finished product from them in a few weeks. We are really excited as they will be coming up to ride with us as well as shooting possiably next years advertising video. I will say that they try and cover all areas possiable as affordability,one must pay attention as all the lines are not the same, the more pricey the more you will get, the above line is their comparison to the priceier suits out there. Glad to hear you like their goggles we hope to be able to carry a few of their pieces at the resort, at least we are discussing it with them. Really looking forward to getting the final production pieces as they listened to the test riders and went from there.