New Jacket Recomendations

gauman2

In the market to purchase a new jacket. I ride only one week a year the last week of January in the UP. I live in Akron Ohio so we dont have many options to shop other then online. I would like a black or white and black combo that is going to keep me warm and comfortable. What are some things to look for and what to stay away from. I dont want to spend over $250. Thanks for the input!

Hoosier

I think the first thing to look at is whether you want to go insulated or non-insulated (i.e., "shell" or "layering"). The trend has been towards the shell/layering system where you wear a fleece midlayer underneath the shell for warmth.

I also only ride about 8 days a year. When I buy my next snowmobile jacket, it will probably be a shell so that I can make more use of it when I am not snowmobiling. The current jacket I have is insulated and real bulky so I don't like wearing it when I'm not on a snowmobile.

Hoosier

Check out this website. They have non-current gear with some good savings:

firstplaceparts.com

If you want to buy something from one of the sled manufacturers, I would wait until closer to your trip. After the new year, the dealers start to cut prices on gear.

hoffmansledder

If you go to Novi, and are looking at the layering system, go find Julie from Perkinsville Powersports. She is a KLIM dealer and is going to be at the Novi show. She gave me a great deal on some non-current gear. It is 2009 left over stuff that is pretty much the same as 2010 but a lot cheeper. I went with the layering system as well for same reason as iusmit for more versitility. Very happy!!!!