new trail in Conover, Wi ?

just noticed new trail work being done along west side of hwy 45 Conover, in front of Log Cabin, north.....

anybody have any info on this...??? sleds, bikes, atvs ??

how far are they going, and where ??

JimAndros

Ken,

It is a joint bike/sled trail (no ATVs). The trail will be rerouted north along 45 about 1/4 mile (instead of crossing into & thru the Broken Arrow lot & north on Town Rd). They are building a new bridge & one big culvert is installed already. Trail then curves east across 45 following the old rail grade. There is a new bridge being built back there too. Just east of that new bridge, is where the old trail that used to wind past the town garage joined the rail grade.

I rode my bike back there just last night from Muskrat Creek road (a few miles east of me) west on the reworked grade. It was smooth & level. New rock base added from a few inches to a few feet thick depending on conditions. I came to a forced stop at the new bridge construction; Footings were in. Took the old trail and came out by the town garage & went home. Should be no problems with wet areas & groomers getting stuck.

The bike trail is eventually supposed to run east from Muskrat Creek Rd following the grade to Phelps. Not this year, maybe next? The bike trail also crosses 45 about 1 block north of K and heads east to Town Road, then south to K and east to the park. Ends at the toilets. This part of the trail was paved last week. Crosses my driveway, they still need to grade the edges & seed it (I hope).

Jim

thanks Jim....yep, I stopped by last week and took a look also.....will be nice to go the new way.....I take that route from K, 12E to get to Grapes trail and Whitedust.....I drove by your place, too.....keep in touch....looking forward for some rides this year...you can PM me if you want ...... K