New Uploader?????

garyl62

What's up wheres all my stuff? New uploader has no previews and will not let upload new photos?

Thanks

I was able to upload and just used the "preview post" option to view it. Not sure about all my old stuff, didn't look for them. It did take me by surprise though

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Ummmm. You have me here. I did not change anything on the board and to the best of my knowledge, neither did anyone else.

To post this message, everything was the same and I went through the process to upload an image and it worked the same as well.
foh.jpg

Can you be more specific about what is happening?

-John

garyl62

Normally when I want to upload something I "go advanced", "manage attachments", then I select what I want from my computer and "upload" and normally I insert "inline". Now an entirely different screen opens when I "manage attachments" and honestly from there it's a whole different process. Sorry I'm not more specific but if no one else can help out I'll do it again and take notes :)

Attachments

• 20140919_135639.jpg
    20140919_135639.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 20
D

Deleted member 10829

I noticed that too Gary when I posted Indy's pics from out west.

garyl62

Ok that's weird, I used that photo as a trial to see what happened, but then I canceled the post. Then I went back and typed in my message and hit "Post Quick Reply". I never added that image to my post and didn't notice it until now.

frnash

'Tis interesting to note that the picture posted by garyl62 appears in a grey frame entitled Attached Thumbnails while that's not the case for the picture posted by Administrator, although that is in fact a thumbnail as well. (?)

I also tried to post a full size picture in-line a few days ago and never got it to work. Of course I hadn't done that in some time; the interface seemed to work differently than I remembered it, and I never succeeded in posting anything but a thumbnail.

Yet there have been a plethora of full-size pictures posted in-line over the past several months, some of which were substantially larger than my monitor screen (a bit of an annoyance!). I must be losing my touch. :(

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is starting to go above my skill set. I always just use the hot button at the top of the quick reply window and have actually never used the "go advanced" feature.

I will get in touch with the board expert Paul after the holiday to see if he can lend some insight.

-John

garyl62

I uploaded another photo and this time I used John's method of just "insert image" off the toolbar above. Worked fine, and no grey frame as frnash pointed out. I don't usually do it that way so don't know if it was normal or not.

I usually click the paper clip for my attachment and a window with all of my previous attachments appears (3 pages of them) and then I pick the one I want and insert. Now I get a window with a few listings by file name but with no thumbnail preview. Not too mention most of my saved attachments are gone???

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I usually click the paper clip for my attachment and a window with all of my previous attachments appears (3 pages of them) and then I pick the one I want and insert. Now I get a window with a few listings by file name but with no thumbnail preview. Not too mention most of my saved attachments are gone???

It sounds like some kind of a cookies thing on your end. Either cookies were deleted that kept those settings for you, or something similar. I hate to make it sound like I am trying to shirk any responsibility, but no changes or upgrades were done to the board software that I know of and usually when there is an issue that effects everyone, I get hit with a tsunami of e mails about it.

-John

garyl62

Sorry to bring this back up but I went looking for some old pictures I had uploaded and none of my previous uploaded photos are showing up. Now when I try to attach something a new window opens that is titled "Manage Attachments" and within the window there are 3 sections, "Upload Files from your Computer", "Upload Files from a Website" and "Attachment Key" which shows the type of file you can upload and the max size. In the past I had about 8 to 10 pages of previous uploads.

Any suggestions on where to look for those previously uploaded files?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to bring this back up but I went looking for some old pictures I had uploaded and none of my previous uploaded photos are showing up. Now when I try to attach something a new window opens that is titled "Manage Attachments" and within the window there are 3 sections, "Upload Files from your Computer", "Upload Files from a Website" and "Attachment Key" which shows the type of file you can upload and the max size. In the past I had about 8 to 10 pages of previous uploads.

I'm sorry, but this goes beyond my knowledge of the board. I know that the software for the board interacts with your browser via cookies. So if you have switched computers, browsers or cleared cookies, this could cause the issue.

-John

sorry to bring this back up but i went looking for some old pictures i had uploaded and none of my previous uploaded photos are showing up. Now when i try to attach something a new window opens that is titled "manage attachments" and within the window there are 3 sections, "upload files from your computer", "upload files from a website" and "attachment key" which shows the type of file you can upload and the max size. In the past i had about 8 to 10 pages of previous uploads.

↑exactly!

garyl62

I'm sorry, but this goes beyond my knowledge of the board. I know that the software for the board interacts with your browser via cookies. So if you have switched computers, browsers or cleared cookies, this could cause the issue.

-John

No problem John, it's beyond my computer knowledge to try and figure out the problem. I've got no idea what it could be and I've got the same machine, use the same browser and haven't cleared cookies to my knowledge. The interesting thing is the that the photo I uploaded a couple weeks ago that appears earlier in this thread no longer shows up when I open up the "manage attachments" option so what ever is going on seems to continued since we started talking about this. Maybe Paul can shed some insight, or maybe its just that because of all those inappropriate photos caged_beagle and I are have been posting our machines are swept clean on a nightly basis :)