New Years Trip 12/31-1/04 Houghton, MI

zrgrl

Well lets just say im ready to go back! We stayed in South Range, MI at the wildlife refuge cabins, Thanks Dave and Lori! We came up new years eve day and stayed until the 4th of January. I haven't been up north since I was a kid, I love it! We rode up to copper harbor the first day, that view was incredible! The second day we rode down 3 took a couple detours and headed to Rockland. That massive ham and cheese sandwich mmmm was good. Our third day we rode down through Chassell down to Baraga and the cut over to Rockland again. Had to make our last day worth it. Over all it was a great trip! We've already got plans to come back north in February! THINK SNOW!!!
97304.jpg

Playing off the trail
97305.jpg

View up in copper harbor
97306.jpg

Pretty cool view
97307.jpg

Somewhat of a group shot
97308.jpg

Takin a break
97309.jpg

Snow one morning, snowed about everyday
97310.jpg

First stuck
97311.jpg

Second stuck
97312.jpg

97313.jpg

Can't wait for it to get deeper
97314.jpg

97315.jpg

97316.jpg

97317.jpg

Wildlife cabins! Thanks Dave and Lori!!
97318.jpg

Packin' up to go home
97319.jpg

Bye!!

yooper

Awesome pics, where is the one of the sidehill climb at? 20 more days til I ride!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

zrgrl

I believe we were heading north on trail 3, going to copper harbor, but i'm not sure exactly where it was.

keweenawboy

FYI so you all should know. That tailing pile is on private property, the trail runs next to it, at least three stay on trail signs in that area. This area is in danger of losing its privilege of crossing private property. The owner is sick and tired of every year people riding off the trail and playing in his gravel pit etc. So next time your in that area, fight the urge and pass that by or the next time your in the area you may not have a trail to ride.

loriwlrc

Glad you all had a great time,enjoyed your pics,send us a few for our board or fame and shame, also going to do the table tops at the station with guests pics.