Newberry Mi.

sixball

We are going up to Newberry, How is it going in and out of town?
Any snow left in town? Can you ride from Zellar's Village Inn?
Should we go to some other place?
?

scott_d

go west !!!

Just talked to my brother, he says go west such as Grandmarais or Seney and you'll be in good snow. Not much in Newberry or east.

big_bill

Newberry Snowmobile Trail Report:
DATE: 2/7/11
BASE: Varies - See TASA Report Below
PAST 24 Hrs: No new snow BAH
CONDITION: Surprisingly GOOD
I've been hearing good things even though we haven't had much new snow. The colder weather this week will firm up the mealy snow and should allow the groomers to do their job better. Not sure if the groomer has been fixed that broke down on the south trail yet. The TASA Report follows: ......... ........... ............ ........... ............ NEWBERRY MICHIGAN AREA SNOWMOBILE TRAIL REPORT February 6, 2011 10:00am *CAUTION WE HAVE A GROOMER THAT HAS BROKEN DOWN ON THE TRAIL HEADING TO TROUT LAKE NEAR H40 AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS * All trails are in fair to good condition. There are some thin spots on the trails due to lack of recent snowfall but hopefully mother nature will bless us with snow this weekend. We did get about 2 inches of snow overnight. Please be aware that there are logging trucks out on some roads and that Hog Island Road is being ploughed for the trucks. Trail to Trout Lake has been groomed and is in good condition. Trail in town is in good condition. Trail #9 north to Pine Stump has a 3 - 6 inch base and is in good to very good condition, Trail south of Seney cutoff is in good condition, More snow as you go north and west. Trail #45 from Newberry to the falls is in good to very good condition and has a good base with more as you go north. The Newberry trail 9 to Rexton is in good condition

sixball

Thanks! I have been watching the trail reports. My big concern is getting in and out of town. We can deal with the trails and rid to better if need but hat to grind in town.
We moved out of Newberry last year but there was zero snow in town to ride in and out.