Next Week Dakotas

timmer72

John,

Did I see that right on your forecast graphic? Is there the potential for 24 plus inches around the Black Hills area of South Dakota? That looks like something i should keep my eye on. My brother lives just two miles out of Deadwood towards Sturgis. If that forecast pans out, it may be time to go visit him!

A

admin

Yep, the potential is there. Seems they get a whopper just about every spring. Keep in mind, you have to be there when it falls. Melts pretty quickly in that neck of the woods this time of the year.

I've seen 4 feet melt in less than 5 days.

-John

timmer72

That is so true! It was either last spring or the spring before they had about 73 inches in about two and a half days and by about 5 or 6 days later it was essentially gone.

elf

About 10-11 yrs ago they got pounded about this time over a weekend. I read about it monday when I got to work and by Wednesday some friends and I were out there to go riding. Some of the people were saying places got over 9' in the hills. But by that Sunday it was pretty much done already.

t660redrocket

They got that 73 inches right before that Easter storm 2 years ago. I was out there for it. Probably won't chase this one though.