No rain in the Forecast

eskysteve

John, in your forecast you do not make mention of any rain. The National Weather service has rain in the forecast for many of the areas of the UP for the next few days. Is this something not showing on your models?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I typically do not talk much about rain and rarely include it on the graphics. With that said, in my latest text, I do mention how rains will fall to the south of the snows with each of the systems in the next 3 days.

I do not see much rain to fall in the UP. None in the west and just a very small chance for some rain to mix in with the snow in the south central UP tomorrow. Should be very light if it even happens at all.

-John

eskysteve

glad to hear John. I like your forecast better than the NWS. They're saying rain likely for tomorrow. Thanks

eskysteve

Rained most of the night. Came in to work with the windshield wipers going driving through the puddles. We're disappointed here in the Central UP. Lost a few inches of the little snow we had. Tough start to the winter. Don't envy your job John. It's gotta be tough to forecast around here.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
That stinks! Did any of your travels take you inland, away from Lake MI by more than 15-20 miles? Seems like the reports from there so far have been mostly snow falling, with the rains confined to the near-lake locales.

-John

JeffB

Been raining pretty steady here in Marquette for last several hours. Not helping our rapidly deteriorating conditions.

eskysteve

Still raining. I'm about 10 miles inland. Not sure how far North, away from the lake, you have to go before it changes.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

KI Sayer has been reporting snow, but I could see how areas near the lake in MQT could be getting some rain mixed in.

Hope it changes over for you soon!

-John

eskysteve

That's great! Hope it continues. Not raining here anymore, but, it's 39 degrees and melting fast. Still holding on to the notion that the second low will bring a few inches. It's going to have to drop quite a few degrees though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

eskysteve

rained again all night. Grass has appeared again in the yard. We can now put our hope into the 3rd low John mentioned.
Rain/snow line was NW of a line from Iron Mt. to Marquette when I went to bed last night. Hoped it would move East and South quick, but
It didn't quick enough for us here in the Central UP.