No rpm or mph on 2010 polaris rmk 600

kkpolaris

I just fired up my 2010 polaris rmk 600 yesterday for the first time after storage. Started on first pull and is running great, but the mfd displays 0 for rpms and when track is spinning it displays 0 for mph. Anyone know what this could be? Everything else electrical-wise is working. This is my first IQ chassis sled (coming from GenII) so I'm not too savvy with it yet...any help is appreciated, thanks.

kkpolaris

O.K. Today I started my wifes 2010 IQ touring 600. Electric start is not working, battery is fully charged, don't get anything when turning key. Pull started it and it would run for a few seconds then die. Tried that a couple times, then gave it a little gas right after starting & it finally kept running. It starts/runs now by pull start, but service engine flashes for a few seconds on the display. I just bought both these sleds at the end of last season...have only taken them on short test runs. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED! Someone give me something, please!

markf419

Did you buy them new(carryovers)? They should still be covered under warranty if you just got them at seasons end last year.

Good luck.

Are you sure the battery is connected and connected properly. The only reason I ask is if the charging circuit goes through the battery and than out to the machine or possibly a bad fuse? Thats all I got for you, and at best its a guess

Disconnect the battery and try running it and see what happens

kkpolaris

Talked to a service manager today. He said the rmk problem sounds like a bad connection/ground and the touring problem a bad battery, even though it shows correct voltage. Sure enough, wiggled the harness going to the gauge on the rmk(after following all the other wiring and checking grounds of course) and there it is, back online! Then I pulled the battery connections on the touring to take the battery out and get it tested, and a mysterious washer fell. There was a regular zinc coated washer between the terminal and eyelet on the positive side. It must've been stuck good on the eyelet 'cause it never fell the other half dozen times I had the battery disconnected and I never saw it there. Hooked the battery back up and it starts like a champ! So there you have it, stressed(& humbled) over stupid little things. Oh yea, the engine service flashing, he told me to just reset it.:eek:

To reset the service engine light. Scroll to the SVC screen...hold green button down until it flashes...then scroll until it says OFF then press up on the green button