North shore,Finland.The Trestle inn 1/23/2016

Dennis

I would go back.There is a lot of snow and the north shore trail was not bad at all.It gets the most traffic.There is a lot of little trails off the main line and those are the ones the seam to be in great shape.The trail from Willow River to Duluth is in great shape.Its all high grade but from Carlton to Duluth it's a Beautiful drive.We stop in at Jaycook state park always a fire going in the big hall and also to walk over the hanging bridge.

elf

I would go back.There is a lot of snow and the north shore trail was not bad at all.It gets the most traffic.There is a lot of little trails off the main line and those are the ones the seam to be in great shape.The trail from Willow River to Duluth is in great shape.Its all high grade but from Carlton to Duluth it's a Beautiful drive.We stop in at Jaycook state park always a fire going in the big hall and also to walk over the hanging bridge.

Dennis, did you ride from J Cooke thru Duluth and up to Finland? If so, what was your route? Or did you just ride up to J Cooke and back on grade?

My son and I are planning to ride from Cloquet to our cabin in Finland later this month and there's no great way to do it.

mngolf4

elf - I assume you're familiar with the route that takes you to the NSST by crossing Hwy. 53 at Twig?

elf

elf - I assume you're familiar with the route that takes you to the NSST by crossing Hwy. 53 at Twig?

Yep, rode up to it on Saturday. I was just wondering if there might be a way I didn't know about. Any idea how long it takes to get from Twig to the NSST?

mngolf4

Yep, rode up to it on Saturday. I was just wondering if there might be a way I didn't know about. Any idea how long it takes to get from Twig to the NSST?

Looks to be about 26 miles per the interactive DNR map (via Trail 207).