Northern Lights

millertime

Hey John-
Get any pictures of the Northern lights this week?

We have not been able to see any down here is southern Wisconsin....

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Nope.

Sorry, been sleeping. Saw a glow out the window in the middle of the night, could have been them, but rolled over and went back to sleep.

Don't know how long they will last, but the Perseid meteor shower will starting up later next week and they can be seen by everyone.

-John

Nope.

Sorry, been sleeping. Saw a glow out the window in the middle of the night, could have been them, but rolled over and went back to sleep.

Don't know how long they will last, but the Perseid meteor shower will starting up later next week and they can be seen by everyone.

-John

ya thats cool....what we do is load a keg or coolers full onto a pontoon boat and all lie down on the seats or deck talkin and a drinkin and a havein a general good time whilst watchin the show floatin down the river

frnash

wow you can see them that good up there Eh? I may need to plan that trip next time
Nuttin' like it was 50-60 years ago; it wasn't just some amorphous green glow in da sky, but we yoosta see some magnificent, humongous displays of multicolored waving, rippling draperies right above us just a coupla miles or so nort' o' 'Ruces 'Rossing! I haven't seen anything that spectacular since.

Maybe the new solar cycle that's just starting will deliver this time!

Firecatguy

Nuttin' like it was 50-60 years ago; it wasn't just some amorphous green glow in da sky, but we yoosta see some magnificent, humongous displays of multicolored waving, rippling draperies right above us just a coupla miles or so nort' o' 'Ruces 'Rossing! I haven't seen anything that spectacular since.

Maybe the new solar cycle that's just starting will deliver this time!

That sounds cool......I wounder why its just green now?

anonomoose

That sounds cool......I wounder why its just green now?

Nobody changed the lightbulbs and after 50 years or so, they burned out!

BTW you should see the southern lights....otherwise known as arroaraborialistics....very impressive while layin on your back and consuming 100 proof moonshine. Not sure but I think that the moonshine might bend these light rays around til you get a bit tipsy, and then....who cares about the lights as long as you are on your back looking up!

Firecatguy

Nobody changed the lightbulbs and after 50 years or so, they burned out!

BTW you should see the southern lights....otherwise known as arroaraborialistics....very impressive while layin on your back and consuming 100 proof moonshine. Not sure but I think that the moonshine might bend these light rays around til you get a bit tipsy, and then....who cares about the lights as long as you are on your back looking up!

I like shine...once a year we pull it out........

moonshine.jpg