Northern Wisconsin LES

WisDoo

John,

I live in Ashland WI and feel that I understand LES quit well. Our local (from Duluth) weather is calling for the potential of LES falling from Ashland/Bayfield Peninsula through the head of the lake area as this clipper system slides to the south and east and the low sits over central lower WI. Causing a general NE flow. I know that a NE wind brings ashland in particular its best chance for heavy les as well as bayfield peninsula. Your forcast doesn't talk of this, any truth to the matter.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I usually need 4 cups of coffee and your weather report before I can get any work done here in the office. Pretty sad since I get here at 6:30 am!!!!:)

Brad

jd

Administrator
Staff member
The NWS Duluth are right, there could be a bit of lake enhancement and even some pure LES at the far SW end of the lake as this clipper rolls through later today and tonight, but at this point it does not look like totals will be increased too much because of it, so I really did not make mention of it- especially with some larger issues in the forecast to talk about. I wish I had the time to go into greater detail with the forecast each morning.

-John