Not bad for metro trails (Twin Cities)

slarimda

Got out on the local trail in the Elm Creek Park Reserve right after the groomer went by and took over 100 pictures (I know, I'm psycho). Here's a few. Pretty good conditions for metro trails in the northwest suburbs of the Twin Cities.

I had to add the shameless plug for our snowmobile club with the picture of the map and sign. Looks good though, eh.

Attachments

• 02-20-10two 026.jpg
    02-20-10two 026.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 410
  • 02-20-10two 032.jpg
    02-20-10two 032.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 02-20-10two 037.jpg
    02-20-10two 037.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 360
  • 02-20-10two 066.jpg
    02-20-10two 066.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 02-22-10 240.jpg
    02-22-10 240.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

kevisip

Wow, those are nice for MN. Usually by now they are snirt or mud...with all that sun
shining. Take it while we got it.

strokeit

So i got all excited looking at the photo's yesterday,So i went out for a ride today.....Had to turn back about a mile from the house. Its all snirt up here by me :(

slarimda

Sand Dunes

I left work early last Friday to check out the trails in Sand Dunes. Some of the straight stuff deep in the woods was ok, but there's alot of bare, icy, dirty corners. That's the first time I've ridden there.

Last edited:

slarimda

It's the Elm Creek Park Reserve surounded by Champlin, Dayton, and Maple Grove. The only thing that kinda sucks is this particular trail comes to an end down in Champlin, so you have to turn around and backtrack north to get out of the park and onto the rest of the trail system. It's a nice ride anyway, expecially when the trail is like this.

Last edited:

dale_58

Got out on the local trail in the Elm Creek Park Reserve right after the groomer went by and took over 100 pictures (I know, I'm psycho). Here's a few. Pretty good conditions for metro trails in the northwest suburbs of the Twin Cities.

I had to add the shameless plug for our snowmobile club with the picture of the map and sign. Looks good though, eh.

did they groom the area thursday?(yesterday)
Dale

snow_rider

A friend of mine saw the groomer on 81 which is just south of elm creek, not sure if they groom the park or not, hopefully this helps.

slarimda

I was out Wednesday evening, and then again yesterday afternoon. Most of the Northwest Trails system north of 81 must've been groomed Wednesday night, because I was on some untouched snow last night. That's two grooming runs in less than a week. Many thanks to the club for keeping things up.

slarimda

And yes, they groom the park too. That's where the pics are from. It's a nice ride, even though you have to turn around on the south end in Champlin.